Chapter 38

Nico's POV

He was right (as always), I was actually happy to see my father, happy to know that he missed me, happy to know that he distanced himself from his family for me but I was still mad at him. I wanted him to know how Thalia, Percy and I felt when we were disowned. I wanted him to feel how Percy and I felt when we saw our own fathers not trying to find some ways to protect us.

But at the same time I wanted to forgive him and hug him (even though I'm not much of a hugger). After the second war, Percy and I spent a lot of time with them and were as close as a father and son could get. That was why their betrayal hurts so much. I wasn't sure what I had to do, forgive him or not... Unfortunately, I didn't have time to think on that any further because it was then that I realized that while Void was speaking to me, his symbol would have appeared on my forehead. That would mean that Dark has seen it which only means that my death day is fast approaching...

Dark (recognition crossing her face): Isn't that.... Oh my gods!!! HE DID IT??? Did you allow??? (running and engulfing me in a hug) Congratulations, Night. Wait.... (pulling back and looking at me straight in the face with eyebrows raised...) Does Ales know???

Me (gulping): N... No...

Dark: You do know that he'll kill you when he finds out, right???

Me: Duh!!! You can't tell anyone, Dark. My life depends on it!!!

Hades (worriedly): What do you mean your life depends on in??? What did you do???

Dark (ignoring Hades): I won't tell but know that he'll be very mad... That kind of thing is something He... not only him, even Serenity, would want to be a part of...

Me: Why??? It's nothing special...

Dark (snorting): That's like telling that your marriage is not at all important...

Hades and Hazel (surprised): YOU'RE MARRIED???

Me (blushing): Of course not!!! Just dating... (Turning to Dark) Why is it like a marriage???

Dark (confused): He didn't tell you the origin of the binding ceremony???

Me: Binding ceremony??? What origin??? He just said that it's like a ring that shows others that I'm taken and that Pe... Ales and Serenity also used it...

Dark: Wow... He didn't tell you everything, did he??? Like you said, Ales and Serenity did use that for their marriage since at that time rings weren't created. Ales' dad taught him that technique when he was young and he in turn taught Serenity. When Serenity, finally, accepted his proposal, they used that binding technique since they wanted to make sure the other wouldn't be forced into anything. Even though at this time such techniques are forgotten, it's very important to Ales and Serenity. They've always wanted to watch their children using it on their lover as Ales' dad; her creator watched them both using it...

Me: Ohh... It's that important to them, isn't it??? That just make it even more sure that he'll kill me and feed me to Thunder!!!

Hazel (talking for the first time): Alright... Back up just a second. Who is Thunder??? What did you do that would make you so sure you'd be killed and why did you do it if you knew that?? Who is she?? (pointing to Dark) How do you even know Ales??? And did you just say you were dating???

Me: This is Dark (pointing to her). You remember how Serenity spoke about having guardians who contracted with the army?? Well, she is my champion or contractor or guardian or whatever you want to call it. She is one of the two guardians of balance and the ruler of the night, darkness and well, balance. She is the one who decides how much of Hades' powers go to his children and also gives him one-fourth of his power.