Jungkook's eyes slowly opened. His eyelids felt heavy and he struggled to keep them from closing again. His vision was slightly blurred, he silently took in his surroundings. He was on a hospital bed, a few needles in his arm. He realized he was in a room for patients, not a surgery room thankfully.

"Hey, there. You're awake." Doc stood over him, a clipboard in his hands.

"Is...Yoongi okay?" Jungkook croaked, his throat uncomfortably dry and hoarse.

"He's sedated, his body needs rest. The liver seems to be doing just fine. You'll both be okay. However, I have some slightly bad news." Doc sighed, scribbling something onto his paper.

"What is it?" Jungkook gulped, not sure if he could take much more 'bad news'.

"A bullet went through Yoongi's head. It was extracted but based on where it impacted, there could be some memory loss. It's about 50/50 chance. The intensity may vary as well. If he does lose his memory, it could range from just forgetting the events of today or not even remembering his own name. The only way we'll know is when he wakes up." Doc informed him, still writing aggressively on his clipboard.

"Oh my God." Jungkook whispered. What if Yoongi forgets everything? This had to be a dream. "Can I see him?"

"Sure, look to your right." Doc pointed with his pen. Jungkook turned his head and gasped.

He didn't even realize he was in the same room as Yoongi. He stared at the older male on the other bed, it barely looked like he was breathing. His dark eyelashes were resting on his face, his eyes closed as he seemed peaceful. He was way paler than normal and was hooked up to a blood bag. Jungkook figured six bullets probably drained a shit ton of blood.

"I'm going to need to prescribe some medications for both of you when you are discharged to make sure your liver keeps up, seeing as you both only have half. I'll give the forms to his parents. For now, you should just rest and take it easy." Doc hummed, finally looking up from his clipboard.

"Are we allowed to have visitors?" Jungkook asked hopefully.

"Not yet." Doc shook his head. "I'll send them in when they're allowed."

"Can I at least have some water then?" Jungkook huffed. Doc nodded and held a cup up to his lips. The cool water immediately quenched his thirst. He pulled away and Doc set it down on the table next to his bed.

"Alright, I'm gonna go tell your visitors the news. Press the button on your bed if you need assistance with anything." Doc clicked his pen and attached it to the pocket of his coat.

"Thanks." Jungkook nodded slightly. Doc left the room, closing the door quietly behind him. Jungkook turned his head to look at Yoongi. He was completely still.

That's why it scared the shit out of Jungkook when his eyes snapped open. He stirred around before looking right at Jungkook.

"Who the fuck are you?"

'Oh no.' Jungkook's heart dropped. This couldn't be happening.

"What's my name? And who are you?" Yoongi demanded, his eyes dark.

"Y-Your name is Yoongi. I'm Jungkook." Jungkook managed to choke out, tears brimming his eyes.

"Yeah, I know." Yoongi stated casually, his signature smirk appearing while winking at Jungkook.

"What?" Jungkook's eyes went wide in realization. "Yoongi, that isn't funny!" Jungkook scolded, his face twisting into a frown.

"It's cute that you care." Yoongi cooed, winking once more.

"You really scared me! Were you awake that whole time?!" Jungkook hissed.

"Mhm. I'm pretty good at playing dead, huh?" Yoongi chuckled, immediately regretting it and grabbing his stomach in pain. He coughed which only made it worse. He groaned and put his head back on his pillow.

"Well, I'm glad you aren't dead." Jungkook mumbled, grabbing the remote. He turned on the TV and the local news station was on.

The two sat quietly as the reporter spoke. Yoongi's picture appeared as the reporter was explaining what happened with the shooting. The suspect was caught and is in custody. Jungkook breathed out a sigh of relief. At least they didn't have to worry about him anymore. He turned to Yoongi again.

"You said you took care of it."

"Missed one." Yoongi replied, his eyes still on the TV.

"Did you kill them?"

"What?"

"The people who were after you."

"No, I found them and turned them in." Yoongi shook his head.

Jungkook didn't say anything else. He knew Yoongi wasn't lying. He turned back to the TV and listened to the rest of the information on the case.

"Jungkook." Yoongi's voice was softer and gentler than Jungkook had ever heard. He turned to him.

"I wanted to ask you to be my boyfriend today, but after everything that's happened it probably isn't the best time." Yoongi chuckled weakly, his eyes empty.

"You were?" Jungkook raised his brows.

"Yeah." Yoongi nodded slightly, as much as his bandaged head allowed him to move. Jungkook bit his lip to stay silent. "Just out of curiosity, if I had asked, would you have said yes? After everything I told you?"

Jungkook thought about it for a moment. They had been dating for a month, they both cared about each other. Jungkook let a cheesy smile appear on his face. Yoongi looked confused.

"What?" Yoongi asked.

"Yoongi, I just gave you half of my liver so you'd stay alive." Jungkook giggled, his bunny teeth showing.

"So...you would've said yes." Yoongi figured it out on his own, realization hitting him like a brick. "Oh, wow." He blinked.

"I still would if you asked." Jungkook smiled, giggling again when he saw Yoongi's eyes enlarge from surprise.

"Really?" Yoongi spluttered, clearly taken by surprise.

"Mhm." Jungkook nodded, his lips still curled into a tiny smile.

"Well, I guess it'd be stupid of me to not ask." Yoongi chuckled, groaning after and hissing in pain. "Jungkook, will you be my boyfriend?" Yoongi smiled, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, of course." Jungkook smiled along with Yoongi. He reached his hand out. Their fingers laced together from across the space between their beds. It was a bit uncomfortable to have to stretch their arms that much, but neither cared.

"Hey, Jungkook."

"Yes, Yoongi?"

"Thanks for your liver. Because of it I get to be alive and be with my boyfriend." Yoongi smiled, his cheeks light pink. Jungkook giggled.

"You're welcome."

I didn't really like this chapter 🧐