-Chapter 6-

I hear a low rumble, I'm in my bed here at the tower. I roll over and look at the clock it reads; 2:30 am, I'm sure I will hear all about it in the morning.

I climb out of my bed at 9 am, I shuffle to the bathroom I gasp at the sight of my eye slash cheek area it's dark purple and blue nearly black in some places.

"This is great" I mutter getting in the shower.

I put my clothes on and brush my hair then put it up half up half down. I can hear the team in the kitchen, dishes clinking.

"How was the mission"? I ask opening the fridge.

"I will getting the smoke out of my uniform for a month" Nat says wrinkling her nose.

"Oh dear" I sigh I know smoke is really hard to get out of stuff.

"Why are you hiding in the fridge"? Thor asks.

I turn around to face the Asgardian, his eyes get big.

"I know it's pretty colorful" I sigh putting together a snack for breakfast.

"Colorful would be Tony when he's drunk. That looks bad" Steve says joining Thor in front of me.

"Thanks Steve" I sigh eating my toast.

I watch him flounder for a better set of words.

"Sushine, what Capsicle is trying to say is that it looks like it hurts" Tony says putting his arm around my shoulders.

"It does I was elbowed in the face by a caffine deprived man" I say offering a smile.

"It actually looks better than I thought it would" Bruce says nodding.

"I kicked Hammer for you" Tony adds.

I look up at him.

"Really"? I ask smiling bigger.

"Yes he did it was pretty cool" Clint says leaning back in his chair.

"Thanks Tony" I nod.

We shift into a comfortable silence and eat our perspective breakfast items.

"Hey? Bruce and I are working on some armour upgrades would you like to help us out" Tony asks.

"Sure I would love to" I say finishing up my coffee.

Soon it's the 3 of us out on the platform.

"It's the left boot Bruce the propulsion isn't working" Tony says lifting his left boot to show Bruce the bottom.

"Maybe there's a short somewhere"? I ask going through the blue prints on my tablet.

"How could there be a short? I just built this suit"? Tony demands.

"I don't know that's my best guess" I fire back at him waving my hand at him.

"Ugh" Tony groans.

Wait, there's a loose wire in the prepellent system.

"I got it. Bruce let me in there" I say grabbing my tool kit.

Bruce moves, I kneel down in his place. Slowly I take the calf panel off exposing the wires and circuitry, sure enough two wires have almost come apart. Carefully I twist them back together then replace the panel.

"Try it now" I say.

I hear the tell tale whirring noise of the jet systems powering up. Then a sputtering sound the a mini explosion goes off.

Bruce point of view

"Try it now" Mia says.

At first it works but then it shorts out, an explosion rattling the ground. It sends Mia and I flying.

"Mia" I yell when I see her slide off the platform.

I hear a poof and see white yellow and orange smoke. Then Mia is sitting in front of me, her breathing erratic.

"Jarvis disassemble the suit" Tony barks out.

He jumps out of the suit, crashing down next to Mia.

"What was that? She fell off- but now" I stutter pointing at Mia.

"She has powers" Tony says, pulling his sister into his arms.

Powers? That's why he doesn't want Fury to know about her. I shake myself out of my daze and move over to them.

"Mia? You ok"? I ask gently.

She nods trying to catch her breath, smiling a little at me.

"We should go inside" I say to Tony.

He stands up, setting Mia on her feet linking his arm with hers. How could I have missed it, she has powers and one of them is teleportation.

Mia point of view

I can't believe that just happened I had to use my powers in front of Bruce.

"Mia"? Steve asks getting up.

"She's fine" Tony says quickly.

I sit down next to Thor rubbing my hands together.

I can feel Bruce staring at me a thousand questions in his eyes.

"You sure Stark, she's pale as hell" Nat says.

"Tony" Bruce says his tone saying he wants answers.

"Jarvis blackout" I order.

"Right away Ms Stark" He replies.

The towers windows darken, the cell signal is cut off. I know that now I have to tell them about my powers.

"Tower blacked out Ms Stark" Jarvis says softly.

"What is this Tony"? Thor asks.

"Its not about him. It's about me" I say standing up.

"What"? Clint asks.

"I haven't been completely honest about myself" I start shifting from foot to foot.

"What does that mean"? Steve asks putting his hands on his hips.

I close my eyes and teleport to my room then back to where I was standing. All of them fall silent mouthes hanging open in shock.

"Why didn't you tell us"? Nat asks, she almost sounds hurt.

"I was afraid that you would think I was a freak. Most kids at school growing up did" I admit.

"Well those kids were wrong. We live with a god and sometimes the hulk, it's fine that you have some special talents" Clint says warmly giving me a hug.

I hug him tightly finally letting go of the fear of rejection.

"Is that all you can do. Teleport"? Bruce asks the scientific curiosity bubbling up.

"No" I shake my head.

I notice Steve's sheild is in the corner by the wall, I lift it into the air hovering over his head.

"Sweet" Nat grins.

"That's cool" Clint adds.

"Indeed" Thor smiles.

I gently drop the sheild into his hands.

"I can also manipulate kinetic energy" I hold my hands out and pull white, yellow and orange energy into the palms of my hands.

"Very nice" Bruce says.

"Did you really think we would think less of you because of your powers"? Steve asks.

"Part of me did" I sigh dispersing the energy before sitting down on the couch.

"I think this goes without saying but Nick can't find out about this" Clint says.

"He use her as an asset" Nat agrees.

I shudder at the thought of being used for my power.

"That's not going to happen" Tony states sternly.

The others nod their agreement. It's comforting to know they won't let Sheild get to me.

...