Chapter 17-Disney Addict

Word Count : 1905

Dawn Turner

Sleep.

Sleep is underrated.

Everyone always talks about how fun staying up late is and how night time is the best time to have fun.

I understand this but hear me out; have you ever been so sleep deprived for days, almost on the verge of breaking down with how exhausted you were both mentally and physically, and then had one long and good night of sleep?

It's like watching a sad movie for 2 hours while building up sadness and anxiety in you and then witnessing a happy ending that takes all the sadness away. It's freeing.

After the whole slaying my demon fiasco last night, I slept like a bear on hibernation. I doubt I would've woken up at all today if it weren't for my annoying guardian angel who I actually can't be mad at since his job is to protect me.

Zach woke me up early today, claiming that he was bored of watching over me and wanted something fun to do.

It was 8 o'clock in the morning...

I spared his life only because he was watching over me and making sure I was safe and NOT because I was an inferior being to him and didn't stand a chance against him at all.

That's definitely the reason

The truth is, even though Zach is supposed to protect me since he's my guardian angel any way, I'm still very grateful for him.

Not to mention, he also kindly offered to make me breakfast after waking me up.

He said it's because he knew I was tired and didn't want to have me working but I'm pretty sure he only offered to make breakfast for me because he knew I would burn the kitchen down.

Wouldn't be the first time either.

Me burning my eggs and pan that day is literally the main reason as to why I met Alexander and had my life turned upside down in the first place.

I'm never making eggs again.

I can not handle the consequences of pissing off another fallen angel.

After Zach and I ate, I decided to look up some old phrases on the internet to see exactly how much of them he knew since he's been around for centuries or something.

He honestly knew a lot more than I expected him to even though it was pretty obvious that he would've known everything being an angel who has looked over the world for a long time.

Zach telling me stories about the past made me realize exactly how scary it is how much things change in just the span of 10 years. The thought that the things that we say now are going to be foreign to people in the future is so weird to me.

I turned to look back at Zach. "I have never heard any of these phrases before. Am I a disgrace to your world?" He chuckled, nodding vigorously.

Damn. If I ever met the rest of the angels, we probably wouldn't get along with each other that well.

"Well, those phrases actually aren't that old. Some people still use them to this day." He explained. I don't get along with old people so that's probably why I've never heard of these.

"Maybe I need to start hanging out with old people more then."

"Oh please no, they're a bore. It will happen again anyway." His gaze fixated on the wall behind me. "A century later, the things you say right now will probably become an ancient way of speaking too. I've seen it happen before. A lot of times, actually." His bright smile turned into a sad one.