Arc 1.3: The Actor

Walking upstairs Kade looked at the family photographs hung up in the walls when he heard Adeline stop in front of a door, turning to him she motioned him to wait and went in only to open the door open for him. Walking in, Kade could see a beautiful older woman and a handsome man sitting down in the beds.

When his mother, Carla Aimer saw her son a slight feeling of astonishment passed through her eyes. Adeline had said her son had changed but she didn't think it would be this much. Looking her son over she visibly relaxed when she saw him safe and sound, motioning him to come closer to her.

Walking to his mother's bedside, Kade looked down at the floor while stealing glances of her every now and then.

"Where did you go sweetheart? You gave us a scare when you didn't return and your poor aunt Adeline looked everywhere for you all this time" Carla said, grabbing Kade's hand in hers.

Taking in a breath of air, Kade raised his head a little and looked at his mother, "I went to see sister" he said, feeling his mother's hand stiffen and the room grow cold. His uncle and aunt looking at him with a complicated look in their eyes.

"I see" Carla said. "What happened?" she asked with a little concern in her voice.

"She-she said that she d-doesn't have a f-family and to not look for her a-anymore" Kade said after hesitating and stuttering like how the original would have done when saying something sensitive.

Kade was staring down with a little bit of tears in his eyes, while he secretly watched his family's reactions at what he had just said. His mother and aunt froze with their eyes going wide while his uncle's expression had hardened. Looks like uncle Mason doesn't like my dear bitch ass sister, Kade thought as looked at his uncle's expression.

"Mom, I-I have to tell you something and you might not like it" Kade said as he raised his head to look at his mother straight in the eyes.

"What is it?" she said with her head lowered, a little bit of sadness lacing her tone.

"I'm moving to the capital tomorrow" he said as he watched his family again. His mother snapped her head up so fast Kade was surprised she didn't break her neck while his aunt looked shocked and his uncle locked his eyes on him, his expression stone hard.

"Why?" both his mother and his uncle asked, his mother's tone sadder while his uncle's tone sounded as if he was trying to calm down his anger.

"I got a job in Orbis Entertainment. The company gave me an apartment and health insurance for everyone in the family. Also, they will pay me seventy percent of the earnings in each of the jobs I take, that way I can send money back home and you guys can get better." Kade said as he stared at his mother and uncle. His mother's eyes became gentler and a bit teary while his uncle's expression relaxed and became softer.

Staring at her son's earnest expression, Carla felt her eyes tear up. Her son had grown to be a perfect and hard working man. "Ok but be careful there. Never forget that we love you and this will always be your home" she said as she gave Kade's hand an affectionate squeeze.

Nodding, Kade smiled as he felt a warmth fill his heart. After chatting a bit more with the three adults he excused himself and left for his room. His room was simple with a small closet, a desk and chair and a bed all in a light wood color with the bed covered by white bed covers. One of the walls had wall mounted bookshelves that had a few books or decorations and the other wall had a window that let in daylight but was covered because it was night time. Walking to his small closet, Kade opened the door and stared at the clothes feeling a headache come.

All the clothes where either black, grey or white and it was mostly sweatshirts or plain t-shirts and sweatpants, jeans and shorts. The shoes where a pair of beat up running shoes and a pair of dress shoes. Choosing a few clothes and leaving the shoes untouched, Kade took whatever he might need and packed them in a backpack.