Eren ━ Good Enough

EDITED

Suicidal!Reader

Requested by Xx-Fallen_Angels-xX! :)

She is so perfect.

She is so beautiful.

Does she even realize that?

She's a full package - the ideal type.

She can do anything. Whether it be emotional support or fixing a maneuver gear, she can do it. All the guys admire her for her talent, and I would lie if I said I haven't fallen for her too.

But little did I know, she doubted herself. She thinks she's never good enough for anything. Those times when she'd disappear during dinner, I thought she'd be going to bed early. My world crushed when I saw her leaning against a tree near a cliff, crying.

"(Y/n)?" My voice comes out a whisper.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm trying to process the sight before me as I slowly walk toward her.

She freezes in her spot and quickly wipes away all the tears. She turns away with her back facing me. Even though I couldn't see her face, I know she is still crying. I can hear the faint whimpers leave her lips and it hurts me more.

"W-what a-re y-you doing h-h-here, E-Eren?" She says, choking on her words.

"I was going to check on you... Why are you crying?" I ask.

I don't get a reply. A moment passes and her sobs don't die down. The more she cried, the more painful it is to bear. I couldn't stand there and watch in silence. I grab her shoulders and spin her around so she could face me.

The unbelievable hits me again.

She had cuts all over her body. Three small cuts were on her neck, one on her left hand, and a big cut on her left cheek. Blood was coming out of the cuts, and I looked at her hands to find her holding a small knife.

Before I could even talk to her, she pushes me away. Her face pales as she pants for air. I stare at her with wide eyes as she lets out a hysterical laugh.

"People like me don't deserve to live anymore." She seethes in disgust.

"What are you saying?" I ask, filled with worry.

"I'm useless! No one needs me! I'm never good enough for anyone! Leave me alone, I finally have the courage to end it all..." She chuckles faintly.

She rolls her sleeves up to reveal a bloody, right wrist. The blood is fresh. She raises the knife, ready to cut through her wrist again. But in a second, I catch her other wrist to stop her, being careful as to not add more pain.

"Let go of me, Eren!" She shouts, struggling against my grip.

"D-Don't ever do this again!" I yell at her, tears threatening to spill out.

It takes a while to get her to calm down. However, with the energy leaving her, she stops squirming but her sobs become more audible again. I let go of her. With wobbly knees, she trembles to the ground. I sit beside her and pat her back in an attempt to comfort her.

"Don't do this to me, (y/n). So many people care about you, don't think that no one needs or loves you. You're not useless, you've helped so many people that I've lost count of the times you did something for them. Most of all, don't think you're never good enough for anyone. You were always more than good enough for me..." I say, stroking her hair.

"I-It's just..." She tries to find her words, but I put a finger to her lips.

"Hey, I'll patch you up then you can let everything out. I'll be here to listen, but I'll also be here to tell stories and prove your worth." I say, smiling softly at her.

"Okay..." She says weakly but smiles a little nonetheless, not having enough in her to push me away.

We spend the night sitting against the tree as I tell her my favorite stories about her. She listens and slowly opens up little by little. It takes everything in me not to squeeze her tightly from how strong she kept her facade and tried to keep it together all this time, wanting nothing else but to show her she could trust me to take care of her and be with her. Her face brightens up a little by the time I finish my last story. She lets out a small 'thank you', and I see her blinding, beautiful smile. 

That genuine smile that made me fall for her.

"Thank you for making me feel better. It'll take a while to move on from this, but I'll try." She says softly.

"You're welcome. Remember, I'll be here for you when you need someone to talk to, okay?" I give her my assurance.

"Okay." She smiles.

I cup her cheeks and lean my forehead against hers.

"I know you can do this, (y/n). Let me take care of you."

She nods, her eyes watering a little.

"I love you, (y/n)." I say, kissing her forehead.

"I love you too, Eren." She says.