15- Crib

Jess POV

School on Wednesday has always been crowded. I ignored the students calling me as I made my way across the hallway. Usually I would respond to them but I was in no mood today. Yesterday, Jasmine told us what was happening with Jimhaya. I remember clearly the reactions my parents had when they heard the story. Mom cried the whole time out of guilt of not acknowledging one of her daughters that had been suffering for so long. But dad, his reaction was disgusting:

“Is that all?” he had said. We all looked at him in disbelief. He then continued saying that my sister should not have acted so childishly. Mom got furious and went into a heated argument with him. It was the worst fight my parents had and Jasmine and I had to listen. I remembered he had broken the dining table in half out of anger. “No child of mine is going to be a murderous vampire”. We knew dad hated vampires but not to the extent of hating his own daughter. Jazz and I tried to level with him saying we were part vampire as well but our arguments went nowhere. He even compared Jamie with mom’s attacker all those years ago. After that, there was silence. Mom was speechless; they never brought him into their conversations before.

Now, mom and Jasmine are at our aunts’ in England. They teleported themselves after the fight and I went to Ren’s house. My boyfriend was such a gentleman because he never asked me what happened. He just held me tight when I cried all night. I must admit that I don’t cry often, but that was one of the worst days of my life.  I haven’t spoken or seen dad since then and I am not ready to face him anytime soon.

I arrived at Siana’s dorm and opened the door without knocking. I found her sitting on an armchair with her feet propped up on her bed beside Jamie’s sleeping figure. The white haired girl looked exhausted, she had bags under her eyes and her head was supported by her hand. She gave me a weak smile when she saw me come in.

“Good morning girl.” I greeted her. “It’s my turn to take watch so you can go sleep on the sofa.”

Instead of doing so, she stared at me. “Can I ask you a question?” she asked. I nodded. “What happened between you and Jimhaya?” I sighed.

“If I tell you, will you go to sleep? You are literally sleep-sitting there.”

“Yes” she responded. I sighed again and sat beside her feet.

“Alright then. Do you remember when I told you that I was jealous of Jamie and Jasmine’s relationship?” I started. “Well, when we were young, Jamie and I were always together. We butted heads together all the time because we were so competitive. We used to challenge each other with whatever we could compete about. Of course we had our bad moments but they passed.

Every time something happened I would seek comfort in Jimhaya and she in me. When she had nightmares, she would come in my room and sleep in my bed and vice versa. Once, when I was really sick, she stayed with me the whole time and nourished me back to health. It was not mom or dad or Jasmine who stayed, it was her and it was always like that between us.

 There was only one thing that we didn’t argue about and that was Jasmine. She was our treasure, our golden fleece and we were the guardians. We silently agreed to always protect her because she preferred to read books instead of fighting and she was easy to pick on or get injured.

One day after our thirteen birthday, I really don’t remember when, Jamie came to me.  I was having anger issues then. I got mad about anything and had fits all the time. She came to me and tried to talk to me but I blew her off. Every day I regret my actions of that night. After I cooled off I tried to ask her what was wrong but she never told me. That was the day she began to put walls around her. I tried and tried to get her to open up for me but she shrugged me off exactly like I had that night. I stopped trying after a few months once I knew she was not going to let me in but you have to know that the second she asks for help I will be there.

I’m jealous because Jamie always used to come to me first about everything and not Jasmine. It’s my fault that she stopped looking for me and I have to bear the consequence of losing her. I don’t hate my sister, Siana, I hate what she’s become. She makes me angry because one second she’s the annoying pest I love so much and the next she’s this gloomy sad messed up stranger. Do you understand now?”

“I’m sorry” my friend said to me.

“Don’t bother. Now please go to sleep, I will wake you up later.” I got up from the bed and helped her to the sofa. She passed out the moment her head touched the pillow. I found a blanket in a closet and covered her with it and went to see my sister. Her eyes were opened and were watching me intently.

“Did you hear it all?” I asked her. I sat down on the arm chair Siana was previously on.

“Most” was all she said.   

“Good, Now that you’re awake, I brought something for us to do since you are on house arrest.” I picked up the bag I had brought with me and took the game I was looking for out. “I’m glad you’re up because there was no way I was going to watch you sleep.” I put the game on the bed. Jamie sat up and leaned on the headboard.

“Crib, really?” she smiled. “I thought I beat you at this game”

“That’s because I let you, now shut up shuffle the cards” I told her sternly. She chuckled quietly and shuffled the deck.  

“I’m sorry” I said when we started playing. “About that day”

Jamie reached out and took my hand. “I forgive you.” She said “It was hard to open up to Jazzy. I wanted to tell you everything but you were so busy managing your anger I didn’t want to add more pressure for you. After, it became difficult to do anything.” I squeezed her hand before letting go and played my card.

-

We played all day, and since my sister was under house arrest and too lazy to cook we ordered pizza and beer. Siana woke up after a couple hours and joined us. She sat beside Jamie and threw her arm around her shoulders.

“I see you guys made up” she said smirking. “We should go on a date” she spurted out without missing a beat.

Well that was spontaneous. My sister and I looked at her weirdly.

“What?” she looked at Jamie. “You don’t want to go on a date with me?”

“Date?” my sister whispered. I laughed.

“Jamie has never been on a date before” I explained.

“Oh. It’s quite simple. I take you somewhere fun and you enjoy yourself” Siana explained. Her face suddenly lit up and her smiled turned into a full grin. I frowned, not liking where this was going.

“You know, you keep saying that you don’t remember how to have a good time” she said. She slowly bent her head and kissed Jamie on the neck. Uh Oh.

 “All you have to do” she kissed her again but slowly moving up. “Is say ‘Siana” kiss. “make me remember” kiss “about that night’” kiss.

“Uhhhh, guys. You do realize I’m still here” I said but they both ignored me.

Jamie tilted her head to the side to give Siana more access. “Siana?”

“Mmhhh” and kissed her jaw.

“I think I’m going to go now since it’s obvious you won’t stop” I franticly stood up and grabbed my bag.

“Could you help me” kiss “Remember” kiss “what it’s like” kiss “to be kissed” kiss “ here” she put her finger on her lips.

Siana’s face hovered over Jamie and whispered seductively “With pleasure” and crashed her lips on my sisters.

“Oh god, oh god. Can you wait until I’m gone and for Murphy’s sake Siana, stop groping my sister” I screamed but they didn’t listen as they made out on the bed and Siana’s hands were all over my sisters’ body. I did not want to see my sister doing this shit with my friend or anybody else. I threw the door open and sped out of there. The sexual tension was over the roof in that room.

“Ren” I yelled. I had to find my boyfriend and get that gross image out of my head.