Chapter 15 - Heartache.

(Pre Note:- Major Heartache. If you are happy now and don't want it drained, you can read later.😞)

He walked into the room and found her folding clothes. He simply stared at her leaning against the door. She did not look up. Stubborn! If she was adamant he wasn't far behind. He gulped remembering seeing those pills last night. His expression grew serious. His heart was in the mouth last night. She couldn't do it to herself. Did she have no clue of side effects they could have? What bothered him more was, how long? Honestly he had also restored to them for few nights. But only those nights when he just couldn't sleep thinking of her and had something important the next day. However, the thought that she was doing it to herself did not go well with him.

When she had finished, she simply gave him a glance and walked up to the cardboard box. She settled the clothes in it. Her heart was racing. Why was he staring at her like that? Did she really not know? She asked herself.

She gasped when he suddenly pulled her to himself. 

"Shiv--" she couldn't even complete as her eyes looked into his. Did she see anger?

She gulped. His look eased. His hold was gentle but firm. 

"You ate lunch?" He enquired.

She blinked baffled. Then nodded affirmatively. 

"Had dinner last night?" 

Anika was further baffled. This is what he wanted to ask? She nodded trying to stealthily slip out of his hold. Maybe he realised. For immediately he left her hands and locked his arms around her waist pulling her closer. She gasped at the sudden proximity.

"Don't you dare try that! I want to talk." He said in a dominating voice.

"I don't want to!" She snapped back. She hated his tone. But more than that she was scared. His voice told her that he wasn't backing out. She was scared they both would be hurt. Very hurt.

He was challenged. She never snapped back at him in such a curt manner.

He made her sit on the bed and knelt before her. Taking her hand in his, he looked up at her. "I m waiting to listen."

"What?" She asked growing vulnerable inside trying hard to be cold.

He clenched his jaw, trying to suppress his growing frustration.

"Alright. You don't understand. Fine. Start from those sleeping pills. "

She gasped. He knew ? She looked away from his eyes. Somewhat his eyes accused her as though she did wrong.

"Look at me. " he said trying to get her to face him. "Please." 

Anika was trying hard to keep back the tears.