Forty Six: Closer

Silence filled the room. None of them moved since their lips had parted. [Name], who was sitting in Oikawa's tight embrace, widened her eyes as she fully realised what had just happened. She moved back rapidly, feeling as if her heart was about to explode.

"W-Why?", she stumbled and raised her hand to her lips which were still warm from Oikawa's kiss.

The boy smiled lightly, savouring the view of [Name]'s confused expression.

"Isn't it obvious?", he replied.

[Name] moved her eyes on the ground.

"Well, last time you kissed me because you wanted those girls to get off my back, but now nobody's watching us...", she mumbled.

"Oh, right", Oikawa said, "but, you know, it actually wasn't like that. I guess that even then I had an ulterior motive", he fessed up.

The girl looked up with questioning expression on her face.

"What do you mean?", she asked.

"I think, no, I'm sure that at that time I had already liked you", Oikawa explained.

[Name]'s heart jumped as she heard those words.

Oikawa liked her. Her feelings were requited.

Yet another wave of heat flew to her cheeks but she didn't care anymore.

"I also", she slowly started, "I also like you", this was such a short sentence, but still, she needed so much courage to say it.

Oikawa smiled widely.

"Well, then we're even", he said cheerfully.

"Huh?", the girl didn't understand.

"You stole my heart and I stole yours. And I will not give it to anyone else", he announced.

Suddenly, [Name] realised something.

"Wait, does it mean that when you said 'make me blush' you meant that I had to kiss you?", she asked.

"Yes", he replied. "I didn't expect you to do anything more than this".

The girl's face turned red.

"M-More? Even kissing you is above my abilities. It's too embarrassing to initiate something like this!", a stream of words escaped her mouth in a speed of light and made Oikawa laugh out loud.

"You're really cute", he said. "You make me want to kiss you once again", he added with a lower voice.

The girl widened her eyes for a moment and moved them to the ground.

"Go ahead", she whispered.

Oikawa's surprised expression quickly turned into a mischievous smile. He closed up to the girl and, securing her back, he laid her down on the floor. He gripped her wrists and she didn't resist his touch.

"I won't hold back, okay?", he asked when their lips were just inches from each other.

"Okay", she replied, already half-conscious by how close they were.

As their lips touched, the girl closed her eyes. She wanted to squeal in excitement but somehow resisted this urge. Suddenly, she widened her eyes. Her whole body went stiff as she felt Oikawa's tongue licking her upper lip. She unwillingly let out a quiet moan when it moved to her bottom lip. She felt ticklish and excited but at the same time anxious. She wasn't sure what she should do. She felt the boy's tongue slipping to her mouth and swirling it with hers. She wanted to call Oikawa's name but the only sound she could make were helpless moans. She teared up from lack of air and felt a dribble of saliva escape her mouth.

When Oikawa moved back, her face was a blushing mess. The kiss felt good but she was embarrassed. She yelped, seeing that Oikawa was looking at her inquiringly. She quickly wiped the drool off the corner of her mouth and hid her face in her hands, unable to stand the boy's gaze.

"It was too much!", she squealed as if she was trying to explain herself.

"You didn't like it?", she heard Oikawa's voice from above her.

"I did, but-", she wanted to say something but the boy cut her off.

"So what's the problem?", he asked and gripped her hands to reveal her face.

"It's embarrassing", the girl replied.

"Well, then you have to get used to being embarrassed", Oikawa smiled.

[Name] remained silent for a while, staring at the boy hesitantly.

"I think I'll need your help", she said shyly.