030

“I don’t like him.”

“What do you mean? You don’t like who?”  Cobie asked as he moves his mango smoothie away from his lips. Colson who was standing beside him with his own kiwi smoothie, looked at Cobie and shrugged.

“Erik Tomlinson.”

Cobie raises his brow at his little brother. “What don’t you like about him?”

“He seems hot-headed and what is the deal with him leading an insane number of wolves?” Colson asked.

They were at the mall, window shopping. They were still in the identical clothes, mustard coloured sweatshirt and jeans, sunglasses pushed into their hair. Cobie had spent the entire day showing Colson Astir and the mall was the last stop.  It was almost sun down.

“The first time I met him, I called him McStupid in my head.”

Colson snort, bits of his smoothie shooting out his nose. Cobie laughed at him and tries to help him wipe his nose with the sleeve of his shirt.

“Why?”

“He thought I kidnapped Little Blue, a member of his pack. So he came barging in through my balcony. I almost shot him right then.” Cobie said with a chuckle as he recalled that day. “I later learnt from his brother, Gabriel, that he was often called the hulk due to his anger issues. At first it was annoying but now I find it a bit endearing. But I do put him in his place when he’s about to do so or actually does something stupid, like snapping at a four year old for not eating properly.”  

Colson takes another sip of his smoothie, the straw resting on his lip and he doesn’t say a word.

“Erik is smart, funny, a little bit corny and strong but he feels…safe.” Cobie sad, looking right in Colson’s eyes as he adds. “He feels home.”

Colson stays still for a beat before he sighs and then nods afterwards. “Alright.” He says. “But if he so much as makes you cry, I will put him in a world of pain.”

Cobie bumps his shoulder with his brother’s and grinned at him. “And I’d do the same to whoever it is you date.”

Colson’s cheeks heat up and he blinks repeatedly. This makes Cobie so happy and amused, one couldn’t understand. His brother had just been back for more than 28 hours and he already had his eyes on someone.

“Colly boo…” Cobie sings.

Colson scowls. “Do not call me that.”

“Come on. Tell big bro who you like.”  Cobie sings, poking Colson in the side.

“You came out forty seconds before me. It doesn’t count.”

“It so does, little one.” Cobie laughs, reaching up to ruffle Colson’s hair.

“Then I won’t tell you then.” Colson snaps and quickly walked away, moving through the crowd with great speed. However, Cobie catches up and wraps a hand around Colson’s shoulder. A couple of people were looking at them but it was alright. He was slowly but surely getting used to it.

“Just tell me.”

“Fine but it has to be in an elevator. Werewolves as so snoopy.” Colson said and then pulls his brother towards the nearest ones. They got into the elevator and taps the close button numerous times until it slid closed.  In the partial silence. Colson moves closer to Cobie, his cheeks and ears burning bright red.

He says the one name, Cobie wasn’t expecting.

“Michel.”

Cobie stared at his brother with wide eyes. The cup of smoothie he had in his hand falls to the ground in shock, his mouth opening and closing but words weren’t pouring out. Colson raised a brow at Cobie, he had not been expecting this kind of reaction.