Chapter 75

After that day, Ying Lu would often come to accompany me, occasionally bringing some fun things to help me feel freshened up. And I too, restrained from pulling a horrible face from day to night, getting along with her like nothing is wrong.

"Ah-Lan!" She excitedly holds up her skirt as she steps in, "Is Xiao Hei here with you?"

I glance at the happily rolling black pig on the bed, "En."

She finds it angering yet laughable, "This pig, since you've come, it doesn't even know who its owner is, just running over to you from day to night, not even afraid of being abducted and slaughtered along the way!"

Xiao Hei's rolling action seems to have come to a pause, but very quickly, it grabs the blanket and continues rolling, in extreme comfort.

I find it difficult to not crack a smile, "Who doesn't know that you, Young Lady Meng's favoured one is a black pig, like they'd dare to slaughter it? Unless they've eaten the guts of a leopard."

"Heng." She blows up her cheeks, "There will definitely come a day I cook it."

Xiao Hei stops rolling around upon hearing this, moving its round body to my side and nudges me, seemingly trying to please me. I pick it up and tug at its pig tail, saying to Ying Lu: "Don't forget to bring me along when you cook it."

Xiao Hei violently twists its body, a pair of black eyes blankly looking at me, but complaints and dissatisfaction is vaguely seen within.

I cannot help but pause, as time passes, perhaps the one that hasn't changed, is only this guy.

Ying Lu sounds a clear ringing laughter, patting Xiao Hei's head, "Oh right, has Brother come to see you?"

I shake my head, Meng Shao Jue has not come here since that day, perhaps avoiding me, perhaps planning something again.

She rests her chin in hand, "Brother seems to be very busy lately ah......"

A deep and attractive male voice sounds in this moment, "Calling out my name like this, could it be that you miss me?"

Ying Lu's eyes curls into smiles, loudly saying to that tall and slender figure at the doors: "Truly the case of 'speak of Cao Cao and Cao Cao will arrive'!"

Meng Shao Jue chuckles, phoenix eyes lightly brushing past me, then stops at Ying Lu, "Heard the maid from your courtyard say you always come running here, have you memorised the books Teacher told you to?"

"I've come out to find Xiao Hei." Ying Lu makes an excuse, pouting again as she says: "Also, the books that Teacher arranges for me, are so dull and boring, makes me want to sleep once I start reading."

Meng Shao Jue raises his handsome brows, "Why don't I see other family's young ladies fall asleep with one look?"

Ying Lu grins, "That's because none of them are me - Meng Ying Lu."

My throat suddenly feels itchy, I reach up to rub at it, then continue to hold Xiao Hei, quietly listening to them talk.

Meng Shao Jue could neither laugh nor cry, "Only you would know how to make such excuses." He once again looks at me, yet his question is directed at Ying Lu, "Since Xiao Hei has been found, are you able to return now?"

"No." Ying Lu shakes her head, "Brother, I'll return after playing around for a bit longer, if not, how boring would it be ah, don't you think so?"

The look in Meng Shao Jue's eyes as he looks at me slightly warms up, yet his lips lightly say: "En, it is rather boring to be alone, accompany her more then." He draws back his line of sight, unable to make out his feelings in those long and narrow eyes, "I still have some matters, shall be leaving first, I'll come see you again next time."