Chapter 76

I freeze, then say with a smile: "How is that possible?"

She comes to a decisive moment upon seeing the situation, holding my shoulders and saying: "Ah-Lan......I'm speaking the truth."

"How could that be possible?" I raise my hand to cover my mouth, voice a little shaky, "Ying Lu you're joking, Meng Shao Jue is getting betrothed to another?" I raise my head, calming my emotions as I say: "Your brother clearly told me......he wouldn't."

"Would." Ying Lu also calms her emotions, firmly saying: "His majesty made an imperial decree to bestow him with marriage to General of the Nation's daughter, Brother has accepted the decree."

I lower my head, falling silent for a long time before raising my head again, lightly smiling, "Oh."

Ying Lu loses her previous firmness upon seeing this, speaking to me in concern: "Ah-Lan......you......"

"I'm alright ah." I reveal my teeth as I smile, unable to feel any happier right now, "Give your brother my blessings for me."

"Ah-Lan......" Ying Lu looks at me sadly, "Brother, he......perhaps has some sort of difficulties."

"Oh." I am still grinning in response, "Bless him and his madam with harmony lasting a hundred years."

"Ah-Lan, Brother must has some difficulties!" Ying Lu's anger towards Meng Shao Jue from before has been wiped clean, now firmly standing in 'team Brother', "The one Brother likes is you."

I sound a laugh with neither warmth or coldness, "He will be getting married."

"He wouldn't." Ying Lu tugs at my sleeve and shakes it, "My sister-in-law is you, my sister-in-law will only be you, Brother wouldn't marry that woman, he doesn't like her."

I raise my brows, "How do you know your brother doesn't like that woman?"

She is full of confidence, "Of course Brother doesn't like her, the one Brother likes is you."

"He said that to you?"

"Eh, that he did not......"

"Exactly."

"No!" Ying Lu slams her hand onto the table, causing the teacups and teapot to tremble, "Brother never cared about Hua Cai Jin before, how could he suddenly be betrothed to her? Believe me, Brother must have his difficulties!"

I lazily raise my eyes, "Hua Cai Jin?"

"Yes!" Ying Lu coldly harrumphs, "The General of the Nation's daughter - Hua Cai Jin! From the moment she saw Brother, she started clinging to Brother, the imperial decree this time must be a trick she pulled!"

"Is that......right?" General of the Nation's daughter ah......is the imperial decree this time, a trick pulled by Hua Cai Jin, or is it perhaps a trick pulled by Meng Shao Jue? Who knows?

Ying Lu makes a few sounds of cold laughter, "Like I would let her have her way, so what if it's an imperial decree? The one Brother likes is you."

I didn't respond, just lightly keeping my eyes lowered, the smile at my lips so light, it's practically unnoticeable.

Su Qi ah, Su Qi, this imperial decree of yours, truly is......far too timely.

Ying Lu does not tell me what she was scheming, but when I hear the noises coming from outside the courtyard that next day, I pretty much get the idea.

A clear ringing female voice calls out from beyond the courtyard: "Ying Lu, tell Xiao Hei to stop running!"

Ying Lu helplessly say: "[Older] Sister Hua, our family's Xiao Hei is just so naughty, even my brother cannot handle it."