Chapter 2

Taylor's POV

I woke up in the car, confused.

I was alone and we were parked outside a home I have never seen before. Was this our new house? I hope so because it is way nicer than our old one.

Just the front lawn was beautiful. The grass was cut, there was a birdbath filled with water and an actual little blue bird played in the water, a flower bed near the front door, it was beautiful. I've never lived anywhere with this kept together and nice.

I hop out of the car and grab my backpack of belongings and walk to the front door. None of the paint was peeling and there was even one of those cute welcome mats infront of the door. All the shrubs and flowers gave the house a homey feel. Like someone actually lived here. That's not what our old house was like.

The grass was overgrown and dead, there was ruble in the front yard, the paint was peeling and bricks were missing, the windows had cracks, the inside was even worse. It was like nothing had been replaced since the 1800s.

When you walked on the stairs, you had a chance of the wood snapping and falling through, that happened once. The bathroom was grimy and moldy, everything looked as if it was going to break if you layed a finger on it.

I open it to see a beautiful living room that looked newly done and a glossy, newly polished staircase on the left of me that I assume lead to the upper floor.

I.

Love.

This.

House.

Already.

'Me to bud, me to.' Lance said as I was looking around. It was all going smoothly until my 'father' came downstairs and stared at me in disgust. Does he literally have nothing else to do? I swear he has no life. I haven't actually seen him leave the house.

He's here when I leave for school and he's there when I get back. He makes me go get groceries and home essentials.

"Whore, your room is the attic. You stay up there unless I tell you you can come down. Understood? I don't want your disgusting self scuff up my new home." He spat, quickly.

"Yes s-sir" I try not to stutter but it's harder than it seems. I force myself up the stairs, having a death grip on the railing the whole way up. I open a few doors, one leading to a master bedroom, one leading to a bathroom, a laundry room, wow.

I open the door at the very end of the hall and it had a small staircase leading upwards.

Great. More stairs.

After I get myself up the spiral staircase, excitement fills me as I glance around the room.

This is the biggest room I have ever received and I am in love with it. It is much nicer than my old room. It has a bed with new looking covers, a little hanging rack that I can hang my clothes on, and even a bathroom!

My own bathroom...

It's like a dream come true for me.

The best part of the room is the little window that shows the front lawn and the neighbors in front of us.

I go and hang up up all my 9 pieces of clothes and go flop on the bed. Ah, paradise.

That was until my so called 'father' walked into the room. Doesn't he have anything thing better to do than abuse me?

"You better wake up tomorrow because your going to school" He spat

"Where i-is it-t?" I ask, nervously.  I try to speak as little as possible. Only absolute nessesary.

"Down the street and DO NOT STUTTER it is very annoying. Learn to talk and maybe someone would actually consider being your friend. Oh wait. No one wants to be friends with a weak, pathetic fag." He yelled and slammed the door on his way out. Jeez. Someone's got a temper.

Coming out as gay was the worst decision of my life. I didn't even tell him. He saw me kiss another boy and it made everything so much worse. I was only 12. I didn't think he would be there since he never leave the house but somehow, he was.

I was at a small park with one of my only friends and we were young and naive and wanted to see what it was like to kiss someone.

Somehow I was caught and after that beating, I could barely move for weeks.

I made my way over to my bag and got my alarm clock and set it for 5:00 in the morning. That gives me 10 minutes to wake up and like half an hour to make breakfast. I'll just use the rest of the time walking and seeing where my classes are. I'll need extra time to walk because I can't walk very fast with my ribs and all my other injuries.

I check the time and see that it's already 5 so I go downstairs to prepare dinner.

I find everything I need to make a simple spaghetti and meatballs in the huge pantry abd fridge. I plate the food and leave it on the counter where 'father' can see it. I also set out a can of beer and I return back to my new room.

I don't bother to make myself a plate. I don't need it.

I'm fat.

I'm overweight.

I don't deserve it.

I don't need it.

I did get a glass of water but water helps you get skinny. That's all I live off of. Water and sometimes a piece of fruit or some kind of nut. I only eat about once a week. Eat to much and I'll get fat.

As I lay on my bed, an idea pops into my head.

Why don't I just Google where my school's at?

After I figured out where I was going I set up for bed.

I didn't take long before I was off to sleep.