2: Weaker Than The Rest

Lucy sat up and pulled her curtains. She had them installed when she realised Natsu was not breaking in to her apartment anymore. Just seeing the windows provided her with the belief that he will come when she knows at the back of her mind that he would not. It made her feel lonely and pathetic so she had curtains installed. The darkness was not scary but relaxing. Now that she has allowed light to come in, it blinded her. Luckily, it was only for a few seconds as her eyes started to adjust.

She looked out the window to see the people of the town already going about their businesses. Some were laughing and talking and others were grumbling and yelling. The streets of Magnolia were always bustling with noise. The people were always happy.

The sight almost made her forget about the incident at the guild. Her guild, Fairytail - the place that was like a second home to her. As she looked at the people through her window, her mind soon drifted off to the event that happened yesterday.

×

The event that caused her pain.

×

The event that proved she was nothing.

▪▪▪

Master Makarov called all the members of Fairytail to discuss how they would improve the rank of their guild. Basically, they were going to discuss how they were going to reclaim the No. 1 position.

"Alright you brats, listen up: we have got to find a way to get our guild back on top." Makarov said.

"Maybe if we complete more jobs, it will invite more publicity." Erza said.

"Yeah, but we don't have that many." Lisanna said.

"Which is why we will complete them super fast and then they'll know that these jobs are too easy for Fairytail." Natsu said.

"I don't think that's the problem." Macao said.

"Oh yeah, then what is it, 'old man'?" Natsu said. He had that mischievous glint in his eye that proved he said that on purpose.

"We're the worst guild in Fiore! That's the problem, and it's Master to you." Macao said, growing a tick mark on his forehead as he thought about how 'old' he was.

"Your point, Maaaaaster?" Natsu said while dragging the 'Master' part a little to make him mad.

"He means we're weak or more precisely, you're weak." Wakaba said as he puffed smoke from his mouth.

"What? Who you're calling weak?" Natsu said with steam coming out of his nose.

"You, that's who!" Wakaba challenged.

"Why you, I'M GONNA BEAT YOU TO THE GROUND!" Natsu yelled as he marched over to Wakaba.

"Calm down, Natsu. He's telling the truth anyway." Max said, popping up out of nowhere.

"WHAT?" Natsu yelled.

"Oh, pipe down flamebrain. Let him speak." Gray said.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! HE JUST CALLED ME WEAK, AND I AM ABOUT TO SHOW HIM WHAT 'WEAK' IS!" Natsu yelled even louder.

"Natsu..." Erza began as a deadly aura suddenly surrounded her. "Quiet!"

Natsu stood up straight and nodded as fast as he could with fear written all over his face.

"Listen, you all were stuck on Tenrou Island for a while. Did you think everyone just sat back and waited for you?" Max questioned with a little laugh.