Chapter 30

About a week later, Bella and Edward announced their end of summer wedding. I was not looking forward to having to put up with Renee and Phil, but at least Bella would finally have her man and stop trying to steal mine. Who am I kidding? Bella has always tried to steal my man or ruin my life in some other unfortunate way. Her marrying Edward wouldn't change that.

"Hey, cutie," Jake said, sitting down on the couch beside me.

"Why do you do that?" I asked, closing my book and setting it down on the coffee table.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Call me cutie," I said. "You used to call me babe, but now you've been calling me cutie. I'm not complaining about it or anything. I'm just curious."

"Oh, I actually don't know," he said. "I mean, you are a cutie."

"Well, thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," he said. "Do you wanna go down to the rez? Quil and Embry are kinda bugging me about you."

"Yeah, sure," I said.

When we arrived at the beach, I was immediately forced into a group hug with Quil and Embry.

"Hey guys," I said.

"I've missed you girlie," Embry said.

"Missed you too," I said.

When the two of them pulled away, they immediately interlocked their hands.

"What's going on with you two?" I asked, motioning to their hands.

"Jake was supposed to fill you in," Quil said.

"I vaguely remember that being discussed, but we were all too worried to remember to talk about it the next day," I said.

"Yeah, we were," Jake said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest, gently.

"So, um, Jake told you about imprinting, right?" Embry asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Well, Quil and I kind of imprinted on each other," Embry said.

"That's awesome," I said, wiggling out of Jake's arms and running over to hug them again.

"I love you both so so much," I said.

"We love you too," they said together, returning the hug.

"Hey, so we're heading up to cliff dive," Jake said, interrupting our hug.

"Have fun," I said, kissing his cheek. "I'm gonna hang out down here with Leah."

"She's headed up with us," Jake said.

"Okay, so I'll hang out down here by myself," I said.

"Kim and Emily are over there. I'll see you in a few," Jake said.

"Be safe," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Always am," he said. The boys and Leah took off up towards the very top of the cliff, so I headed over to Kim and Emily.

"Hey," I said, sitting down beside Kim.

"Hey hon," she said. "How're you doing?" She asked.

"I'm great," I said. "I mean it. Bella's getting married. Jake and I are together. I can finally see Quil and Embry again."

"Yeah, what do you think about the two of them?" She asked, looking at Emily.

"I support them and how they're happy together," I said.

"Some of the guys wanted to kick em out for being gay," she said.

"Which ones?" I asked.

"Drop it," Emily snapped.

I looked at Kim and she mouthed an answer anyways, "Sam." I nodded, deciding to just let it go because at least the four of us friends were back together and I didn't have to worry about them anymore. I've missed them more than anyone would ever understand.