¶Twelve

Dedicated to ThatUknownWriter

"Have you answered him?" asked Grace, for what I'd call the hundredth time today.
And I gave her the same answer I had given the past ninety eight times since she had chosen to ignore my first initial answer.

My silence.

"Babes na, please answer me," she whined, shaking my shoulders. I glared at her still not answering her.

"Why aren't you answering me?" she complained, her lips twisting into a pout.

"Because you're annoying me and distracting me," I said, glaring at her.

"I don't like you," she said, leaving me alone and taking her seat besides me.

I smiled at that. "I know, you love me," I said, grinning.

She just hissed and pulled out a book from her bag to start reading.

It was the third period for today and the teacher meant to be teaching wasn't available, meaning the whole class had freedom to do as they liked.

"Irene," shouted someone from the back. I turned my head to see a smiling Ejiro looking at me from his seat.

I ignored the sudden pang in my chest at how fine he looked sitting there. Ugh how does he make sitting down look good?

He signalled for me to come over and I grinned widely. I nudged Graces shoulder and told her that I was going to go talk to Ejiro.

I stood up and made a beeline to his seat. He stood up for me and gestured for me to sit on his seat while he sat on the desk.

"So how's my wife been, we haven't talked in forever," he said, smiling down at me.
Honestly I don't understand why he has to be so beautiful...

"I've been good," I replied and before I could make an attempt to speak longer, our class teacher walked into the class.
"I have something important to tell you after class," Ejiro quickly whispered and I noted he looked shy as he said it.
And for some reason the fact that he looked shy made me very curious because my mind had already flown to so many possibilities.
Would Ejiro tell me he likes me?!
I just nodded to hide the fact that I was mentally freaking out and ran back to my seat.
Fashi Muyiwa and his weird moods, if Ejiro tells me he likes me I'm marrying the boy.
The smile that creeped into my face wasn't expected. And I had my fingers seriously crossed that Ejiro would tell me he liked me.

After the teacher left I immediately packed my books into my bag. "Grace abeg can you give me your note to carry home?" I asked, knowing fully well that I had not been paying attention because my mind had taken me to back to Ejiro's kiss several times and then to the possibility of him and I becoming official. Grace looked at me with suspicion and then her eyes suddenly widened.
"Oh my God Irene! Are you saying yes to Muyiwa today?" she asked excitedly.
I frowned not knowing how to answer. I had completely forgotten about Muyiwa's existence.
"Actually Grace there's a possibility that Ejiro wants to tell me he likes me and I'm freaking out," I blurted in excitement. 
"Oh My G..." Grace started before I quickly covered her mouth with my palm. "Jesus Christ, must you shout?" I asked smiling widely. She slapped my hand off and reduced her voice, "How sure are you about that though?" she asked, her eyes widened, as if her ears wouldn't be able to absorb my words fast enough.
"Our kiss was amazing Grace, and he blushed when he told me that he has something to tell me afterwards, plus we've spent so much time together, what else could it be?!" I asked in a whisper to avoid any of our oversabi classmates from hearing our conversation.
Grace opened her mouth then shut it.
"What is it? What did you want to say?" I asked.
She sighed and brought out the book I had asked for earlier.
"See ehn, you already know I ship you and him, but Irene just be careful okay? Don't make too much assumptions because wallahi you know boys can be one kind," she said.
I shook my head."Ejiro's not like that," I said, collecting the book from her.
She shrugged and then smiled, "Then go get your mans then, I'll be with the boys in the garden, we'll wait for you,".
I hugged her and carried my bag and ran out of the class to go look for Ejiro.

I found him with Amira and she immediately spotted me before she whispered something to Ejiro. He smiled at her and shook his head and said something I couldn't hear. Amira frowned, then shrugged before she walked away to where her friends were waiting for her. 
Ejiro smiled at me when I was close enough and gave me a hug. My heart termporarily froze and I felt my whole body tingle. "So oga what did you want to tell me that's so important," I asked in a playful manner to hide my blush.
Ejiro smiled, "Is that how they greet in your village?" he asked playfully, putting his arm around my shoulder and my heart immediately did that freezing thing. God please don't let me have a heart attack before he confesses he likes me. "Please please please, don't even start that one with me, Grace and the boys are already waiting for me so be fast, you're lucky I'm even talking to you with my busy schedule and all," I joked.
He took off his hand and started laughing. He looks so beautiful when he laughs oh Jesus.
"I swear Adaeze you make me happy," he said.
Calm down dear heart, I thought to myself.
"Anyway I don't want to take up too much of your time, let me stop trying to delay this anyway, I've just been too shy and afraid to tell you," he said, suddenly becoming serious.
This is it....
"I know we haven't really known each other too long, but we've gotten so close that I can feel this connection between us,".
Oh blood of Jesus it's actually about to actually happen. He's going to say it. Oh my God. Oh my God...breathe
"And I just wanted to tell you that well, I like Amira," he said.
Oh.
"And because of our connection, I can tell you don't really like her and that's why im telling you all this, for the sake of our friendship, I'd want you guys too get along," he said, scratching his head looking like he just lifted a huge burden off his shoulders.
I was utterly and completely shook, and my mind wasn't exactly sure how to function.
Ejiro likes Amira. Amira the witch you hate. He likes her. Not you. Her.
The realisation of what he just said hits me and almost immediately I can feel myself about to cry.
"You have all my blessings Ejiro, and don't worry my feelings for Amira shouldn't affect your feelings for her, now I just remembered that I haven't done something so I have to go. We'll talk tomorrow," I said and turned around to walk away as fast as I can.
I heard Ejiro say something behind me but my mind couldn't process it, I just had to leave and find Grace before I embarrassed myself with tears.

SO...SO...SO... I'm back finally.
I can't really give an excuse for why I stopped writing because they're so many excuses. But I'm back and I hope you guys wouldn't mind giving this book another chance.
Thank you for the 4k+ reads on this. That's amazing.
Hope you enjoy it.
Like. Comment. Share.