She's Leaving Home

===============================

" Silently closing her bedroom door,
leaving the note that she'd hope would say more.
She goes downstairs to the kitchen, clutching her handkerchief... "

===============================

Much later into the evening, I got a call in the middle of the night from none other than John Lennon.

"Ello?" I answered with a groggy voice.

"She said yes." John said with such joy in his voice, I knew exactly what he meant.

"She- She said yes?!" I was stoked.

"Yeah! I'll be right over to walk ye here, but please be careful getting ye and yer brother's stuff together." He exclaimed. "Be as quiet as a mouse, Macca, I mean it. If we get caught doin' this, we're more than fucked."

"Okay, Johnny boy, uh- thank ye so much... How can I even- I love ye, wi' all my heart, ye know that?" I said in the most heartfelt tone I could exude.

      "Macca... I love ye more than ye'll ever fully realize. So... See ye soon, okay?" The line went dead and I began to pack up an old, battered bag with some clothes, including my school uniform.

I tip-toed to my brother's room and woke him up, "Mikey, Mikey! John's on his way. He's comin' to get us! Get up!" I shook him lightly.

"Huh?! He's picking us up? To go where?!" He asked me frantically.

I rolled my eyes, "To take us to a safe home, ye git!" I joked around. "Anywhere else but here is a total upgrade, ain't it?"

"Paulie... How are we gonna sneak? What if Da' finds us!" He was shaken a bit.

"He won't find us, I swear it to ye." I tried to convince him to come with me as best as I could. "Cross me heart."

"Paulie... I can't, I can't risk all that. I'll stay here, you go." He sighed.

"I'm not gonna let ye stay here wi' that psychopath, Mikey, Please... come with us." I begged my brother to listen to me. "Because if yer stayin' then so am I."

"...What if he calls the police?" Mikey whispered.

I looked up at the ceiling and thought for a little bit, "If he called the police, they'd arrest him way before they'd arrest us." I laughed.

After a while of talking, Mikey agreed to come back to John's place with me. My father expects me to never see John again and here I am doing the exact opposite. I love this. I love standing up to that fool. He's right about John changing me, he's made me feel more important and resilient for once in my life. ...Or atleast for the first time in a while. I won't let that evil man take away my dignity or my brother's any longer.

My brother and I sat on my bed until we heard John toss pebbles at my window. I opened it up and one nearly hit my face.

"Sorry abou' that!" He shouted up to us.

"S'alright, ye are savin' us, after all. Our knight in shining armor." We began climbing down the window and onto the lawn, Mikey was scared to leave at first, but John convinced him that it's for his safety. Before we left, I quickly scribbled a short note and taped it to the front of my door. I didn't want to give too much detail at all as to where we were going incase he actually did decide to phone the police or anything.

I never wanted to make out with a bloke more than I did right now. How else could I reward him?

We walked to his house and the whole time Mikey was worrying about every possible thing that could go wrong and I was just thanking John profusely about all of this. Only have known him a few months and he opens his house to me and my brother!

"Ello, boys! Sorry about having you come down so late at night, but we couldn't wait 'till morning to tell ya! Welcome home..." John's Aunt, Mimi welcomed us in.

I set my bag down and hugged her, "Thank you, Miss, this is the sweetest thing anyone's done for us in ages. It means more to us than you'll ever know." I explained to her.

"It's no problem, your home is my home." She hugged me tight and then showed Mikey to the guest room where he'd sleep. I was going to sleep on John's "bedroom floor" on a blow-up mattress.

I got into sleeping clothes and slid into John's bed inwhich he wrapped his arms around me and hovered above my face.

"John Lennon, yer a right life saver, I really hope ye know that." I smiled up at his face as his eyes glistened down at me. "Seriously. Nobody has ever been so... kind to me... Ever."

He leaned in until our noses touched, "Oh trust me, I've realized it." I giggled a little bit and hugged him closer to me. "I love my Macca." He kissed my forehead. "I told ye if ye need anything, I'd be right there, didn't I? I'm really not one to lie. 'Least not to ye."

"Yeah... I love ye too, Johnny." I leaned up against him and kissed him on the lips. He smiled against mine and pulled away slowly.

"I'm just so glad that yer here with me, now... My heart's at ease knowing yer not in the clutches of that sorry excuse for a man." Looking in his eyes as he told me this was like staring at a million stars... so captivating and breath taking. He lit a cigarette and the smoke went flowing from his lips like a slow cascade.

Who knew that a boy like Lennon could ever love a boy like me. Never in a million years would I guess that i'd be laying in his bed, feeling safer than I ever have before. I'll be forever thankful for this for a lifetime.

He... actually saved me... No kidding.