Five: Vacation Me

Rolling over to her ringing phone, Jazmine groggily answered it

"Hello."

"Hey, umm, it's Dave."

Jazmine sat up, now alert.

"Is everything okay? Did the judge go back on his word? If so we can sue him for that because you haven't done anything wrong!"

"No, no, no calm down. I'm calling you because my sister wants to invite you to dinner for helping us out. If you're okay with that?" Dave sighed.

"Umm, when? I was planning to go on vacation this weekend, so it has to be before Saturday morning."

"Oh umm, great and it's Friday night but we can move it to Thursday?"

"No, umm, Friday is fine."

"Well see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Jazmine waited for him to hang up.

He kept on the line so Jazmine took it upon herself to hang up the phone.

Rolling out of bed, she went to shower.

As she turned on her music to the surround sound, she decided on a soak instead. She ran her bath water until it was steamy hot and slipped in as You Changed Me played in the background:

Putting a rolled up towel to support her neck, she sunk into the hot water and bubbles. Allowing her body to become relaxed.

She couldn't think of why Dave sister would randomly ask her to dinner. She knew for a fact that it wasn't Dave's idea because she has caught him numerous times talking about her to his friends and saying how big and fat and ugly she was so she knew it was simply a friendly southern gesture.

Her smile grew as she thought of the perfect outfit. She had bought a body hugging red dress and a nice cute beige trench coat to go along with it.

Her mind drifted back to what she was doing with her life.

Here she was 24 years old, single, alone and just sad. She didn't go out, she didn't have any friends, she simply lived, ate, went to work and slept. She didn't even have a dog.

Making up her mind, she decided after her soak, she was going to go adopt a dog. At least that would bring her some happiness.

------