two

Cardans pov
I ran my fingers through my hair. I still couldn't believe I was king and she put me up for it. But why could I not stop thinking about her all the time. Her dark hair and pink, plump lips-she was beautiful. Ugh. I don't love her, in fact, I don't love anyone but myself and it will always be that way.

Hastily I rushed into the hall and a pixie with neon pink her took my arm, but for some reason I growled and pulled away. Why? I don't know but it didn't feel right.
That's when I saw her. Jude walked in wearing a plum coloured dress that hugged her figure perfectly and her dark hair was curled and loose framing her heart shaped face.

She was-well-I couldn't even put it into words. Quickly, I shook my head:I will not show weakness to this human. She walked past me and her dress brushed my hand, but she didn't even look up but she made her way over to the drinks. I looked at her for what felt like an eternity-I'd never felt like this about anyone before, never anyone but Jude. No! I won't love her I never will.

I sauntered over to her and pushed her slightly.
"Didn't think you'd show up." I said looking away from her.
"Ugh you are the last person I want to see at the moment your highness" she snapped.

She turned away and went over to talk to another faerie around her age. He grabbed her arm and pulled her into the dance floor. She looked flustered but complied and smiled seductively.

Why was she so happy? She didn't even know this guy, hell I don't even know this guy! He started to touch her face and his grimy hands made their way down her body and grabbed her ass. She flinched and started to pull away but he pushed himself closer to her. Anger coursed through my veins like fire. I shoved my glass back onto the table and stormed over to them and grabbed the guys coat and flung him to the floor and started punching his jaw over and over. I felt Jude trying to grab my arm.
"Let him go Cardan your making a scene!" She shouted. I turned to look at her and her eyes were glassy so I stood up and grabbed her arm.

Hastily I took her out of the great hall and back to her room.