-Chapter 8-

I wake up to the sound of a text message buzzing on my phone. I roll over and squint at the screen, it's from Nat; 'Got called in to solo spy mission. Can't help you get ready tonight. I'm sure the boys would love to help'

'Ok thanks for the heads up, be safe out there' I type and hit send.

I get up and put my dress in its garment bag. I lay it over my arm and carry my shoes in my free hand, I teleport to the tower more specifically my room there.

"Good day Ms Stark, the set up at the charity ball is going as planned" Jarvis says.

"Thanks for the update" I say laying my dress out on my bed.

"Shall I inform the rest of the Avengers you've arrived" Jarvis asks.

"Sure" I say to him.

I walk out to the common room suddenly struck by the relazation that if Happy is in England with Tony and Tony is in England I have no one to go with me to the party bodyguard or anything else.

"Did Nat get a hold of you? She got called away on Sheild business" Steve asks putting his news paper aside.

"She did. She also said you boys would be thrilled to help me get ready for tonight" I smile sweetly.

Something almost sentimental flashes across Steve's face.

"We'd be honored ma'am" Steve smiles.

I look around and Thor and Clint are nodding their heads agreeing with Steve. I find the room is lacking Bruce.

"Dr Banner is upstate for the day at a biochemistry and molecular mechanisms seminar" Jarvis says.

"Oh ok" I nod.

I look up from my book when Clint and Thor start fighting about a video game. They end up almost sparring over it, I see it before it happens Clint's foot gets caught under the couch when Thor shoves him. He flails wildly trying to get his balance back.

I throw my hands up and catch him in kinetic energy, I lift him back up to his feet.

"If you two need to work this out head to the training floor. Just because Mr Stark is away doesn't give you free reign in this tower" Jarvis states sternly.

"I grow tired of beating Clint on a screen any way" Thor says proudly.

"What? I was winning" Clint says crossing his arms.

"Training room" I say pointing towards the elevator.

"We're going" Thor says.

They leave, I shake my head and sigh I live with children.

"Nice save" Steve says joining me on the couch.

"Thanks, the training sessions are really helping" I smile picking my book back up from where I tossed it when I saw Clint start to fall.

"That's good" He nods.

"Ms Stark"? Jarvis asks.

"Yes Jarvis"? I ask him.

"A car will be sent for you at six o'clock this evening. As well as a replacement for Mr Hogan" Jarvis says.

"Ok. J who is the replacement"? I ask, praying to god it's not Jerry he is super creepy and stands way to close to me.

"Its Jerry Richards Ms Stark" He replies smoothly.

Internally I cringe a little at that, last time Jerry was my bodyguard he invaded my personal space and tackled me to the floor when someone accidently broke a glass.