Chapter Forty Two

*Luke's POV*

I decided to try and get something done on Sunday afternoon, since there are so many things that need to be done. And when I say "things", I don't mean just chores or errands or homework...I mean things regaurding the two drama queens that I call some of my best friends. I know Ashton won't do a thing to talk to Michael because he's too scared and shy, and I know Michael won't do anything because he's stubborn as fuck. I also know Calum wants to give Michael a friend to have, but I must be the only one who wants this stupid thing to end. Ashton might think that everything is over with our friendship, but I strongly believe that we can get over this and move on.

Michael is beyond correct about Ashton, and I agree with him. Ashton needs to open his eyes and realize what a complete bitch Brooke is, but I don't want to keep telling him that. It's so true that he loves her, which only adds to how blind he is. I understand what those feelings can do to a person, but it's ruining his life. It sucks.

I left my big and empty house around noon, and I decided to wing it. I haven't spoken to either Michael or Calum since the fight, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. But, I need to do this, because I just want Ashton to have more people to lean on. I have no problem with being his only friend, because he's my only friend too. I care about him a lot, and if I can't fix his situation with Brooke, then I can fix the one he has with Michael. I personally think it's really stupid, how this can tear apart such a close friendship, and I do think they are both being very dramatic and unprofessional. They should just own up to their wrongs, and like hug it out or something. They need a good cuddle, don't they.

It takes a while for me to get to Michael's house, since I live on the complete opposite side of town from him. I'm glad at that, since I had more time to plan out what I was gonna say to him. I'm not going to waste time with any explanation, and I'm just gonna tell him straight up that he should at least talk to Ashton, and not get so angry about it. Hopefully Michael doesn't pull his usual "Michael" moves and get so pissed that he tackles me to the ground.

Finally, I came up to the little house in the middle of the little street. I always feel on edge when I'm in Michael and Calum's neighborhoods, even though I really shouldn't. Even when I go to Ashton's as well, I feel like I'm gonna get jumped or something. I should really stop being such a wuss.

I slowly got out of my car and sighed at how hot it was out here, but maybe it was just me. God dammit, that sounded so douchey. I mean like, I'm hot with nervousness. I can already feel myself starting to sweat, just because I'm scared this conversation won't go well. I just don't want to start any more shit with Michael, and I want everything to go back to the way it was before. Unfortunately, that can ony happen if Brooke fucks off, but this is a start.

I jogged up the little steps of Michael's front porch, staring at the wooden door with uneasiness. I felt my heart start to race, and I scolded myself at how ridiculous I was being. I shouldn't be shy, right? I still consider him to be one of my best friends, even though I can tell he probably hates me. I have a pretty good guess why, which is that I'm still friends with Ashton. But, if that's true, then Michael should work on getting his head out of his ass.

I knocked on the door a few times, stepping back and waiting. I was anticipating the worst, and also expecting no one to answer. I know Michael is stubborn, so if he ignores me I'm not going to be surprised.

The door finally opened, but it wasn't Michael. Calum stood there, gripping the door and staring at me with wide eyes.

"Oh," I shrugged. Calum and I are on fine terms. "Hi."

"Why are you here?" Calum asked me in a hushed tone.

"To talk to Michael," I replied. "Why?"

"Because he probably doesn't want you here..." Calum said, looking down to the floor in thought. "But I personally think you should come inside."