Chapter 23: my first kiss

We walked beneath the slowly moving universe. The stars hung high and and moon shown low. Only a brief glimpse of his face and I knew, I knew it was time.
Words escaped from my bubbly mouth and his ears endured the nonsense.
His hands left mine and up to my cheeks are where the last place they laid.
His lips, soft like a feather, slowly glided over mine, with a slight tease and I pull away with a giggle. He pulls me back and this time I lost all contact with oxygen.
He gives a little chuckle and I sigh.
My lips eager for experience and his mindlessly moving until he presses them to mine and I can't breath.
It doesn't feel like anything you'd imagine, there was no fireworks no rainbows or unicorns there is just me and him underneath the stars just like I've wanted.
His lips parted and so did mine, I recall pulling away multiple times which I needed for reinsurance that this was real.
"I don't know how to do this" I say and he cups my cheeks again and mumbles against my lips, " just go with it," and my lips melts into his, I focus on his movement and my heart is practically thrumming through my chest.
After a while we walk home and that's when the first spark was lit.