7

"Fucking hell, you look cute." Mike whispered in Will's ear as he passed him.

Will's stomach flipped, and he turned to look at Lucas and Dustin, who were busy setting up a campfire with Nancy and Jonathan.

Nobody noticed. Will had a blanket wrapped around him, holding it close to his face. He did feel cute and squishy right now.
But he was going to bug Mike for using such an offensive word later.

He smiled to himself and blushed, bringing his knees up to his chin as he sat on one of the logs that was positioned around the fire.
None of them wanted to be here. But Joyce and Mrs Wheeler was really set on the idea that the four boys and the two monster hunters would have a weekend away camping as a breather from life.

Dustin let out a cheer as the sticks burned a grand shade of orange. He began to do a dance around it, much to Lucas' dismay. "Stop! It's dangerous!" he tried to complain, but it was silenced by Will's giggles.

Lucas shook his head, trying to look as serious as possible. "You shouldn't encourage him." 
No one could deny the fond smile he had on his face, though.

Mike returned from his small trip to Jonathan's car. He had some tins and a few pots in his hands. "Really? Beans?" he gave Nancy a look.

Nancy looked offended. "Uh, what's the sarcasm for? It was all they had at the store!"

"Aw hell yeah!" Dustin stopped his dancing and took the beans from Mike's hands. "I frickin' love beans."

Lucas scrunched his face up. "I'm not sleeping next to Dustin. I don't want to be gassed by his bean farts in my sleep."

Jonathan laughed. "It's fine Lucas. We'll get you a mask."

Dustin turned and gave a look to Jonathan and Lucas. "No one is safe."

Mike placed the pots on the ground near the fire, and sat down next to Will, smiling at him.
Will smiled back, and unwrapped himself from his burrito - blanket state, offering to drape it around Mike's shoulders.
Mike nodded gratefully, and the two boys shared the blanket happily.

"I swear, sometimes I really think you two are queer." Lucas mumbled, earning a glare from Nancy.

Will felt a pang of hurt in his chest. "Ouch." he said aloud.
Mike turned to look at him, intertwining their fingers underneath the blanket and rubbing soothing circles with his thumb onto the smaller boy's skin.
Will didn't look at him, in fear of being "too queer" in front of everyone again and raising more suspicion. He squeezed Mike's hand in return though.

"Don't be an asshole, Lucas." Dustin cracked open a tin, pouring the beans into one of the pots and placing it over the fire.

The conversation changed then, to whatever small talk came between the group.
Will was still hurt, but pretended that nothing was wrong, for he was worried he and Mike's relationship would be discovered.

Everyone finished their food fairly quickly, before Jonathan announced the boys should all go to bed.

There were three tents, each capable of holding two people. They were circled around the fire.

Nancy came across a problem. "How will we all get changed?"
Silence fell across the group and they all looked rather confused.
"Take turns going into the tents to change. No big deal." Mike shrugged his shoulders as the group nodded in agreement.

Will went into his and Mike's shared tent first. He changed quickly before climbing out and finding Lucas and Mike talking. Mike looked angry. 
When the two boys heard Will leave the tent, they whipped their heads around.

"All yours." Will said weakly, holding the tent open for Mike to climb in. He sat opposite Lucas.

He felt sick. Did something bad happen?
"Will, I'm changed. You can come in now."

Will turned around and nodded, moving to climb into the tent. He stopped and turned, seeing Lucas' suspicious eyes glued to him.
Lucas raised his eyebrows and sighed, turning to go into his own tent.

Will entered the tent, climbing under the blankets and cuddling deep into them.

Silence. There was movement outside, and the sound of Jonathan stomping out the weakened fire could be heard. Silence again.

"Mike..?" Will whispered.

Mike turned around, casting his eyes over his partner's face, which was illuminated a shade of blue in the moonlight. "Hm?"

"What happened between you and Lucas?" Will breathed, reaching out to ghost his hand over Mike's own.

Mike frowned and reached out, wiping a stray hair away from Will's face. "I told him to stop bullying us."

A lump formed in Will's throat. "He was staring at me when I went into the tent. He looked....suspicious. He could find out."

Mike shook his head and shimmied himself a bit closer to his boyfriend. "No. He won't." he said reassuringly, "He's just being Lucas. He can be a bit of an ass sometimes."

Will smiled sadly. "A bit?"

Mike sighed. "I know. It's just... He wasn't raised in the most accepting of households, you know? You can only hope that he will grow up and mature and develop his own views."

Will thought for a moment and then nodded. "Yeah. I agree. We can't blame him. It's not his fault."

Mike smiled, pulling Will closer to him.
The smaller boy buried his face in the dark haired boy's neck.

"Will?" Mike whispered finally. 
Will hummed, almost asleep.

"I -" he swallowed, "I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you. A lot. You know?"

Will smiled. "I love you too."

Mike's heart stopped and he took a deep breath, pulling his boyfriend even closer to him. 
He grinned. "That's... That's good."

"Goodnight Mike." Will mumbled.

Mike sighed. "Goodnight Will."