Chapter 11 - Part 2

Lacey

It was morning. I was lying in bed trying to figure out how I had gotten from the sofa to my bed. Adonis must have carried me. My heart lifted at the thought. Since the pancake incident I'd been getting feeling of experiencing more powerful feelings than before. It was hard to explain.

Before when I thought of Adonis with adolescent infatuation. But now my feelings for him were stronger and more grownup but I couldn't tell why.

The only thing that made sense was that in starting to remember, even if it had been subconscious, I had lifted the lid and my forgotten memories were seeping out. But it wasn't returning in actual memories I could remember, it was more like a feeling which held an intensity that was hard to understand.

It meant that being around Adonis was becoming harder. Last night when he had pulled his hand from mine had hurt. He was keeping his distance.

Letting out a heavy sigh I threw off the comforter and got up. I was determined to get out of the hotel room. If I had to stay confined within the four walls for another day I was going to go crazy. Adonis had said he would organise someone to take me out to see the sights. I wondered if he'd gotten a chance to. Even if he hadn't there was no way I was going to stay put today.

I got dressed and wondered into the living room. It was empty and Adonis' door was still closed.

There was a knock at the door and I went to answer it.

"Hi," a tall dark haired guy greeted.

"Hi," I greeted.

"I've been assigned to take you sight seeing today," he told me. I studied him for a moment before I stepped back and allowed him to enter.

So Adonis had found someone. I closed the door before I turned my attention back to my personal sight seeing guide.

"I'm Sam," he introduced with a friendly smile. He extended his hand and I shook it.

"I'm Lacey," I said, studying him.

He looked more like a bodyguard. He was dressed in a suit and with broad shoulders and his fit build left me with very little doubt that he worked out regularly. Brown eyes that matched the exact shade of his hair.

"You look like a bodyguard," I stated directly. Adonis had someone watch me before so it wouldn't surprise me if Sam was indeed someone paid to protect me as well.

"I am," he admitted. "But I do know the city well enough to show you everything you need to see."

It was so Adonis.

"I promise you'll have fun today," he assured me confidently with a touch of a smile. I don't know what it was about him. His friendly or easy going attitude but it made me smile.

"Okay," I gave him my approval with a nod. I was finally going to get a chance to see a bit of the city and I was excited. "But only on the condition that tomorrow you wear something more casual."

He looked down at his clothes before smiling and nodding his head. "Sure."

Adonis' door opened and he stepped into the room. His eyes went to Sam before they found mine.

Sam straightened up beside me.

"I've been assigned to take Lacey sight seeing," Sam explained to Adonis with more formality.

"Nice to meet you Sam," Adonis said shaking his hand. "I need your phone number so I can get a hold of you during the day if I need to."

I rolled my eyes. He was so overprotective. I was in London doing some sight seeing. What could possibly happen? It wasn't like I was some rock star who had to worry about over zealous fans.

"If she needs anything," he said handing Sam a credit card that he took out of his wallet. I frowned.

"I have my own money," I said, not liking the fact that he wanted to pay for my sight seeing trip.

Sam took the card and put it into a pocket on the inside of his jacket. He wasn't about to argue with him.

"I know that," he said softly. "But bringing you here was my idea so I'd prefer to pay."

My frowned deepened. He'd already done so much for me. Paying for my specialist and the surgery. It was enough, I couldn't take anymore.

I shook my head before I shoved my hand into my jeans.

"Harp." I pressed my lips together feeling my stubborn steak kick in.

"I want to know that you're having the best experience possible. I don't want to worry if you have enough to cover everything you want to do."

My frown eased.

"Please, let me."

I hated that he had a way of changing my mind. His baby blue eyes pleading with mine was enough to turn my insides to mush and I pretty much would have agreed to anything.

"Fine," I relented even though I was still annoyed that I had given in so easily.

"I'll see you this evening," he said before giving a nod to Sam. The door closed behind him as he returned to his room.

"So what do you want to do first?" Sam asked.

"Breakfast," I said, concentrating on my excitement at getting to see a different city.

"Breakfast it is."

At breakfast in a small cafe over coffee and some breakfast I'd found out he was an only child with divorced parents. He was in his early twenties and he had been doing his job for two years already.

I gave him some of my background leaving my connection to Adonis out of it other than he was best friend to my older brother. Sam didn't ask any more questions about it and I didn't offer any further information because despite how I felt about Adonis and what had happened with or without my memories we were nothing more than friends now with only my brother still linking us together.

Our first stop after breakfast was to do some shopping. It began to drizzle and Sam opened up a umbrella and shield me.

"Shopping isn't really my thing," I told Sam as I walked down the street browsing at the shops.

"Trust me, we didn't come here to shop," he told me. "I wanted to take you on the London eye."

"Really?" I questioned curiously. He pointed to the white structure. I wasn't a fan of heights but a chance to see the whole city was a temptation I couldn't pass up.

"You in?" he asked. "Yes." There was no hesitation.

It was a half an hour wait before we got inside. I stood looking over the city as it began rise, slowly. Sam stood beside me pointing out various things in the city. He knew his way around London and all the tourist attractions.

We did some shopping afterward. I began to feel tired.

Seeing I was feeling a little drained Sam suggested we get something to eat and to drink before he took me back to the hotel.

It was then it struck me my thought from that morning. Adonis had someone watch me before so it wouldn't surprise me if Sam was indeed someone paid to protect me as well.

Startled and confused I set my drink down spilling slightly.

"You okay?" Sam asked but I wasn't there. I was in my mind trying to figure out where that thought had come from. I had no memories of Adonis paying someone to watch over me. It was another subconscious thought from my hidden memories.

"Lacey?" Sam questioned again with more concern and his hand touched my arm.

"Sorry," I mumbled trying to hide what had just happened.

It was one thing remember such personal things but it was another remember in public with someone I'd only known for a day.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"I'm fine," I told him but he didn't looked convinced.

Another peak into my lost memories. The hope that my memories would return soon inflated against my better judgement.