Chapter 16 - Part 1

Adonis

I held Lacey's hand not wanting to let her go. She was leaving to catch her flight home.

"I can't leave if you won't let me go," she teased. Her eyes sparkled. It felt so long since she had looked this carefree.

I let her hand go as she cradled my face with her small hands.

"It's only a couple of weeks and we'll be together," she reminded me.

At this point two weeks was going to feel like forever.

"Just fourteen days."

That didn't make it sound any quicker. I frowned and she rose up in her tiptoes to kiss me. The type of intimate kiss that made my heart race. I held her enjoying every last second before I had to let her go. By the time I released her we were both breathless and she was a little wobbly. I smiled at the effect I had on her.

"I love you," she whispered pressing a finger to my lips.

Sam cleared his throat. He standing in the partially open door.

"I'm coming," she assured him.

"Make sure she gets there safely," I instructed and he nodded briefly.

As much as I had wanted to see her off at the airport like a normal couple but I didn't want to risk being mobbed by fans. Besides I still wasn't willing to reveal Lacey to the rest of the world, just yet. At some point it would get out but for the moment I was happy to keep her as my little secret.

"I love you," I told her as she gave me one last smile and touched her necklace I'd given her. Then she left.

I closed the door. Luckily for me there wouldn't be time to sit around and miss her because I had a tight schedule to stick to. Usually we didn't stay too long in one place but along with our usual concerts we were also performing at the music awards on Saturday.

So not only did we have our own concerts to practice for but we also had to co-ordinate the event organisers to practice our performance. As exciting as it sounded I would have given it up to be able to spend more time with Lacey.

I ran my hand through my hair and pushed thoughts of her from my mind. I had her flight details so I would call her as soon as she landed. I wasn't sure if the sound of her voice would ease her absence or make it worse.

There was a knock at the door and I opened it.

"We're on our way down," Link told me. I nodded.

"Let's go," I instructed as I closed the door behind me.

"Lacey leave for the airport already?" he asked, giving me a side glance.

"Yeah."

Someone behind me ruffled my hair and I turned to glare at Sage. He chuckled. I ran a when through my hair to tidy it.

"Come on dude," Sage said walking past me. "You'll be seeing her again soon."

I shook my head at him. They didn't understand what it was like to love someone so much it hurt. But I smiled. Because one day they would fall for someone and they would understand exactly how I felt.

For the next few hours I kept my concentration on prepping for the awards.

Back at the hotel later that day I was trying to count down the minutes until I could call Lacey. I was anxious to hear her voice and find out how her flight was. I got an unexpected knock on my door.

Trisha smiled at me as I swung the door open and I stepped back to let her into the room while I greeted her.

"Sorry I meant to give this to you earlier," she said handing me the schedule for the next week.

My eyes skimmed over it briefly but I was too preoccupied to take much of it in. I walked over to the coffee table and put it down.

"It's fine,"'I assured her, giving her my signature dimpled smile. "Thanks."

She looked around.

"Are you looking forward to the awards on Saturday?" she asked. I shrugged my broad shoulders. I loved to play music to an audience and we were nominated in three categories.

"It'll be fun," I said saying it out loud so I'd believe it.

"I don't know how you guys can be so calm about it," she said. "I'd be in a full blown panic if I were you."

I smiled at her. She wasn't the type to court attention. She always wore conservative clothing and the same neat haircut. Some people were born to perform in front of thousands of people and people like that craved the attention. And some like Trisha didn't.

"Thanks for organising the extra pass for my sister," she said, rocking on the balls of her feet.

"You're welcome," I told her. She'd asked me if I could organise a pass for her sister to the award evening. Usually there wouldn't be extra but I'd organised one for Lacey which she wouldn't be using.

"I have to warn you she'll be a little starstruck."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure she'll be fine." We were used to starstruck girls.

After she left I checked my phone. Lacey had landed.

I stood looking over the city by the window as I pressed dial and waited for her to answer. Six rings later she answered.

"Hi," she answered, her voice husky. She sounded a little tired.

"Hey," I said. "How was your flight?"

"Okay but I'm glad to be home," she told me. I heard someone say something to her the background. It sounded like Sam. The control freak me hadn't allowed Lacey to make the trip on her own. Sam had gone with her and to watch over her. There had been too many times I'd nearly lost her so I wasn't taking any chances.

"The driver will meet you and Sam in arrivals."

"Thanks," she said. "How was your day?"

"Good." I gave her a brief rundown of what my day had included. I told her about the awards and which song we were going to play.

"That's one of my favorites. I'll have to make a point of watching it."

I liked that she was going to watch me perform.

"Call me later when you're home," I told her. I could hear she was a little distracted and probably making her way through the airport. Besides she was probably nervous and excited about seeing everyone.

There was a moment of silence.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"A little."

"Don't be. Your family love you and they're going to be so happy to see you."

"Are you sure? After everything I've put them through?"

"Yes." I had no doubts.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too." I ended the call.

So far I'd been able to keep her recovery from Alex and her parents. I could just imagine their faces when she told them her news. As much as it had affected me and Aiden, it had also impacted on her family.

Reece would be glad to have her friend back. Lacey's spiral out of control had deeply affected her.

And then there was Aiden. We'd bonded over he fact that we'd been the most affected by her amnesia. She hadn't even remembered him. I couldn't imagine what that was like.

Not having a lot to keep me busy I decided to switch the TV on and try and keep myself busy. But nothing I did helped so when band mates dropped by later and invited me clubbing with them I was relieved.

Getting out a bit and spending some down time with my band was what I needed.