The Not So Golden Trio

3rd person P.O.V
"Harry! Draco!" Mcgonagall called.
She came towards them at a faster pace than either of them had seen her go before.

"Come to my office at once." She demanded as soon as she was a reasonable distance. She waited for both of the boys to catch up and escorted them to her office.

"Are we in trouble?" Harry asked on the way there. Self consciously fixing his blonde hair on the way in. McGonagall didn't answer, she only told them to take a seat.

They both sat down like they had when they saw she is appearance for the first time after the accident. Two small vials sat on the desk in front of them.

"We believe this potion should return you both back to normality." McGonagall said.

"Will it work?" Draco asked.

"Well we don't know for sure. The worst that can happen is that you both stay as you are now." McGonagall informed.

Both of the boys hastily grabbed their respective vials and opened them. They looked at each other for a split second, before tilting their heads and drinking the small sample of potion in it.

Draco grimaced at the taste and his vision started to swim. Meanwhile Harry coughed and opened his eyes wide in shock.

Both of them felt a rush of magic over their bodies and turned to face each other. Harry's blonde hair started to change, the roots slowly fading into the raven colour it used to be. Whereas Draco's hair went from raven to practically white.

But, as usual it was too good to be true.

Both of the boys looked at each other as their hair colours had changed, but that was it. The magic rush had died down, and neither felt anything happening anymore.

To put it into perspective: Harry still looked like Draco, except his sleek hair was now black. Draco still looked like Harry but now he had a mess of blonde hair on his head.

Both looked rather stange, and McGonagall had to restrain a laugh.

It would confuse the Slytherins if they saw who they thought was Draco but with black hair. The same way it'd confuse the Gryffindors to see that Harry Potter had supposedly dyed his hair platinum blonde.

"Professor?" Harry started, "You said the worst that could happen was that we stay the same. This is far worse than that."

Draco nodded in agreement. He'd never verbally agree with Harry Potter in front of anyone.

"Professor McGonagall, what now?" Draco asked hesitantly.

"I suggest you go back to each other's houses. It isn't ideal, but at the moment there is nothing more to be done. I guess you'll have to wait a little longer for your cure. Thank you boys, you are dismissed."

Draco got up so fast he almost tipped his chair over. It was common knowledge he had a short temper, but recently he'd started to make the decision to leave the room before his temper got the best of him.

Hence why he stormed out before he could say something he'd regret. He stomped all the way to the Gryffindor common rooms and went to his dorm.

He pushed open the door and slammed it as hard as he could. Ignoring anyone and everyone, he went straight to his bed, drew the curtains and got his bag. He desperately needed a distraction and he happened to have a lot of homework to catch up on. Also there was no way he was doing his work in the common room where anyone could see him.

"Malfoy?" Draco heard after hearing the door open.

Draco remained silent. He knew Weasley was going to try and talk to him, following the whole storming through the common room and door slamming drama he'd created.