Chapter 12: 26 and Still not Married

Uploading two chappy's today because my story reached 900 views!! It means a lot seriously! All thanks to my silent readers, I love you even if you're hidden some where :3 :* 

~~~ 

"I live with an old lady for God's sake! She would have been disturbed in her sleep with you throwing stones at my balcony!"

"What? You live with an old lady? How could you have married an old woman? Did you do that for money-"

"Stop assuming things. She's my grandmother!" he utters in an exasperated tone.

"Oh..." I lower my head in embarrassment.

"How did you know that I would be the one to come out from that balcony?" he looks at me, questioningly "There could have been anyone instead and got hurt with that stone."

I look away from his eyes, trying to avoid his intense stare "Umm... just speculated and gave it a shot."

"YOU WHAT?" he rakes his fingers through his hair in frustration "I don't believe this..."

"Well, nothing went wrong you came out and your grandma will probably be still asleep by the time we reach." I try to ease him. "By the way you live with your grandma only? I mean no wife or children?... Not that I'm curious but... they could have got hurt instead of you, right?" he looks at me, his face slightly softening, anger brushing away.

Phew! He got into my change of subject.

"Do you think, I would be here with you if I had a wife or some children?" he angels his thumb to his chest. "I'm just 26 which is too young to get married and I still want to adventure the world."

"What?! You're 26 and still not married?! In our town, no one can stay single at the age of 18 either they would get engaged or married."

"Seriously? What about their dreams and everything? Don't they have any?"

"What dreams are there that cannot be full filled together?" I ask and he seems to be thoughtful for a second "besides you probably dream to adventure the world while you can't even get up from your bed when I ask you to explore the sights with me." I scoff.

"And from exploring you mean spying? Yes, I don't plan on doing that." he bites back and I stick my tongue out at him in response.

"Humph!" I turn my face from him and he doesn't act as he care either. We walk silently for another few seconds when the silence started nudging me.

Lala.

.

.

.

La la la la...

.

.

I feel hungry.

.

.

I hope there's something nice leftover back at home.

.

.

Lalala.

.

.

Ah! I can't take this anymore. Sarah act well if you want him on your good side.

"Would you stop it!" He breaks the silence and glowers at me.

"Stop what?" I ask with confusion.

"Your mumbling! I can hear it!"

"Oh was I loud? Sorry, I didn't notice." he doesn't respond so I quickly try to think of something to talk about "So... You are 26?" I ask not sure of what else to talk about. Well, at least I'm trying.

"That's what got you distracted?" He asks, arching an eyebrow at me curiously with a smug smile on his face.

"No! I'm just amazed that you're still not married." I try to reason him.

"Says the one whose 23 herself." he retorts.

"W-what!? How do you know I'm-"

"Oh c'mon, you work for my place how would I not know the basics about you?" he rolls his eyes at me.

"I do remember filling the forms but it... didn't cross my mind." I defend myself.

"Guess you're a village girl after all." the end of his mouth curves up and I glare at him, noticing his amused expression.

The rest of the way passed fighting and teasing and it wasn't annoying but fun in a way. I may be clumsy at times but being with him, it feels like that is something of a special part of me. It's also weird when a second ago he was snapping at me and the next, he would be easing the situation by teasing me. Maybe the people in the city aren't bad, it's just their mental state needs something refreshing, timely.

Aunt Anna was somewhat right, somewhere inside him, maybe deep down is a good person after all and maybe just maybe, a little voice inside me tells me that I can trust him.

"You know that you are crazy right?" He says. We are standing near to my house but not too close of course. He was persistent to drop me by the door since it was very late to let me go out on my own so he came dropping me to my place and I didn't object much as I was a little conscious about the bad guys that could get in my way.

"Perhaps you're even crazier to think that you can help me." I shrug my shoulders and he shakes his head.

"Just go inside and sleep and don't come running back to my place, this time I would really call the cops." he camouflages his smile with a serious face.

"Yes, boss!" I mock salute him "Thank you for today boss. I'll be seeing you tomorrow boss."

"Yes and I can't wait to make you work for free." a grin spreads over his face and my hand falls down from my head before I could argue, he moved away from my side and headed for his home. I stood there, watching him to disappear. Moving a little far away he turns back to look at me and waves a hand and I wave him back.

Least I could do for him is to work for free but only for some time, it wouldn't be that bad.

After he disappeared from my gaze, I moved inside the house, slowly moving up the stairs and avoiding any sound that would wake Aunt Anna. As soon I entered my room, I heave a sigh of relief. I changed back into my nightdress and lay limp on the bed.

This time, I bet I would have slept soundly because I felt my drool covering one of my cheeks the next morning I woke up.

~~~

If you have noticed here that I have changed Sarah's age and if not since you started reading after I edited the previous parts then ignore this note.

Well, the reason I have changed it, is because; since it's a mystery genre and there are some connections ahead of the story that I have already planned so.... that's all! ;)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment away your views to this newbie writer! :3