thirty four - "youre so in love"

BRAD'S POV

BRAD'S POV

"Brad, your turn," Connor tries handing me a blunt but I turn it down, telling him I'm not in the mood but he frowns. "How can you not be in the mood to get high?"

"I'm just not," I shrug, and he sighs and takes a puff of weed. The stench was foul but I didn't care anymore because I was so use to it.

I had stopped smoking after I'd practically broken down in front of Margo about how bad it made me feel. I only got high to forget, mostly about her, but now I get drunk instead. It might not be the best idea but it's better than getting high all the time.

"You've not been in the mood for months," Tristan exaggerates. He was still sporting a black eye from when I punched him for trying to get Margo high, and Connor was still healing from his fractured rib I'd given him for almost kissing her. "Come on man, it's the last day before Christmas. Get high with us."

It was currently Friday lunchtime and we were all sat behind some bleachers with some weed, though only the two of them were getting high.

"I'm trying to stay clean," I tell him. "It made my anxiety worse, and ever since I stopped I've felt so much better mentally."

Tristan shrugs, taking another puff for himself before turning to me, "how's you and Margo? Are you still madly in love with her?"

"I'm not in love with her," I scowl at him, sulking against the metal frame that was was digging into my back. "I told you guys, I just like her. Fancy her."

"She's fit," Connor chuckles and I shoot him a glare. "What? I'm not gonna deny it and call her ugly. I bet she's a right good shag in bed."

"Careful, Connor, he'll break your ribs next time," Tristan teases us and I scowl at them both. They're both dickheads.

"I'll do more than break your ribs," I scoff, turning to the field with a sigh. Margo was racing through my mind—where was she? Was she fine? Was Thomas bugging her?

My fists clench at the imagine of Thomas bugging Margo and I have to shake my head to clear my thoughts.

My phone starts ringing before Tristan can make anymore snide comments and I'm thankful. I reach into my jacket pocket and pull out my phone to see Margo ringing.

I hide the smile that wants to grow on to my face and answer it, "hey, what's up?"

"Ooh, it's his girlfriend," Tristan laughs as he nudged Connor. I roll my eyes at them both, flipping them off as I stood up and walked away from them so that they couldn't over hear our conversation.

"Are you an Elf or a Santa kind of guy? I'm buying your present," she tells me.

"Hmm, both," I hum, sitting on top of the bleachers, my mates sat underneath me on the grass. "Surprise me."