Chapter 17

Hepzibah Smith strode in like she owned the place. Her head was held high, and her posture was proudful and snobby, and very uncomfortable looking. Hermione almost scoffed when she beheld what Hepzibah wore. Even she wasn't that bad. Her honey blonde hair was coiled, and she wore a light pink dress (which looked like a grandma's dressing gown) that hugged her plump figure. "You called, Mr. Borgin and Burke?" Hermione could barely keep her eyes from rolling at the snobby-ness in her voice. Her eyes were set on her employers for a split second before completely skipping her and training them on Tom. For some reason Hermione felt irked by the disgusting grin that appeared on Hepzibah's face when she looked him up and down. To Hermione's dismay, Tom returned her grin with a sleazy (but probably charming in someone else's eyes) grin of his own. It was safe to say that Hermione was thoroughly disgusted, though she didn't show it. "And who might this handsome young man be?" Her snobby voice suddenly turned light and flirty as she surveyed Tom again. "Tom Riddle at your service, miss...?" Tom gave a bow, as Hermione fought the urge to gag and cringe.

"Smith, but you can call me Hepzibah."

"So Miss Smith, what can we help you with?" Hermione asked before she might've vomited. Hepzibah's eyes narrowed in annoyance. "If you must know, my order is ready, missy." She answered sassily. "If you don't mind me asking Hepzibah, what would that order be?"

"Helga Hufflepuff's cup. I'm a descendant of hers, you know. It's about time it got returned to its proper owner. Goodness knows where it's been over the years. But also...Mr. Borgin and Burke had another offer for me," Her eyes suddenly flickered to her employers and gave them a threatening glare. "Salazar Slytherin's locket, I believe?" Another expectant glare sent Borgin and Burke running towards the storage room where they rummaged through tons and tons of hidden boxes Hermione didn't even know existed. Tom and Hermione shared a look before they heard an "Aha!" from Burke. With the locket clenched in his fist, he proudly walked out to Hepzibah to showcase the prized artifact. Tom's eyes and expression suddenly became very dark as he beheld the heirloom that rightfully belonged to him. Hepzibah let out a sigh of awe as she was given the Slytherin locket. "I'll pay anything for this lovely artifact. It's as if it speaks to me." It seemed like she was in some sort of trance when her and her employers bargained for the price and sold it off to her. The amount of money she paid for it was unbelievable! Hermione sneaked a look at Tom and he looked furious. He looked even more so when Hepzibah gushed about how lovely it would look with all of her (grandma) dresses. He was surely plotting how to kill her by now. Meanwhile Hermione was already making a plan on how to retrieve both artifacts before Tom could when she remembered what Harry told her about Hepzibah's poor house elf. Hermione had an advantage. She already knew what Tom would eventually do if she didn't retrieve the locket and cup first. While Hermione was swimming in her thoughts, Hepzibah had already left with her new purchases and Tom was standing right in front of her. "What are you thinking about?" His expression seemed harmlessly curious, but she knew better.

"I'm thinking about how to gut that snobby woman."

"Why? Jealous, are we?" Hermione almost scoffed.

"As if. I just hate people like her."

"Mhm," He took another step towards her until they were mouth-to-ear when he whispered; "Meet me outside after this shift. We have things to discuss." And with that, he walked off leaving Hermione to make her plan.

===

It only took her half and hour to think up her rough plan. She would drug Tom with a sleeping draught to ensure that he didn't follow her and then she would go to Hepzibah's home to steal the heirlooms and then obliviate her and her house elf. The plan seemed simple when she thought of it, but she knew it would be much more complex in reality.

~

~

~

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. All rights go to WB and J.K Rowling.

Hello I'm back again, but with a shorter and kind of filler chapter. However, I think this chapter is necessary as it really sets the story on track. Also, I'm writing this at 11:30 at night so forgive me if there are any mistakes.

Anyways, thank you so much for your comments, votes and reads (and patience)!