chapter 28- The Monster, The Man

Ashleigh’s POV

We walked down the streets of the west side of Gotham where even the street lights are dark. The streets were littered with clubs and bars, and people who could only be described as scum. I kept my head up high so I could show I wasn’t scared to be in a place like this. As we walked further into the dark streets we came to brightly lit club, with a neon sign reading “the Blackout” all four of us walked up to the large steel gates which blocked the entrance, where a large guard stood. Catwoman reached her lips up to his ear, and whispered an unrecognisable word, but as soon as the guard heard it he opened the large steel gates. The club was pitch black except for the candles which covered the whole club. Plenty of dark places to hide I thought, I shivered slightly in the dark atmosphere. Harley placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled largely, “this is the best club in town, sweetie.” I looked around the room to see numerous mob bosses, such as Carmine Falcone who was sitting the darkest corner in the whole club. I swallowed hard as we walked over to another of the four corners in the club, Poison Ivy was already there charming a young waiter who worked at the club. I looked over to Harley who was skipping over to the bar, I felt like a spare part.

 I leaned against the leather lined wall chairs and sighed, Catwoman looked at me with a sympathetic face, “I know how you feel.  It’s hard to fit in a place like this, the thing you’ve got to do is show what you’ve got and people will take you seriously.” I nodded, I couldn’t do much truthfully. I took gymnastics when I was a teenager and well I did martial arts since I was five years old. I pushed myself off the leather chair, and stood up. “What are you doing?” Catwoman looked at me with curiosity, I sighed, and “I’m going to do what I can.” I walked up to the Dj who was placed at the back of the stage, who was playing rather quite music. “what you want suga’?” I tapped my chin slightly with my index finger, “put a song on I can dance to.” I nodded and smirked, “ok suga’” I nodded and stood on the dimly lit stage, suddenly a song started it started off with a steady beat, so I swayed. The song was “Vegas girl” by Connor Maynard, I sighed and raised my leg over for a flip, I twisted down to the floor to raise myself up into a hand stand. I kept swaying, I heard a wolf whistle from the bar. I saw Harley, Poison Ivy and Catwoman clapping me while I twisted and flipped on the dance floor. I lean back and swung an arm behind me to catch me before I hit the floor, then I flipped forward twice in the air, and as the song ended I landed on my heeled boots. Whistling rang throughout the club, and as it died down a booming clapping rang through the club, and out of the shadows came one of the most grotesque, and feared people in Gotham.

Even Carmine Falcone shifted in discomfort. I didn’t more I felt like a deer caught in the head lights. “Very good entertainment.” Finally his clapping stopped, as he applied his hands to his metal torso plate. I gulped as the monster walked towards me, I heard Catwoman hiss behind me, “Ashleigh get away from him.” I but I couldn’t I was stuck; Harley and poison ivy also join the struggle to try and get me away from him. “Well what is your name?” I opened my mouth only hear a hiss from behind me, I looked round with desperate eyes. She looked down at her booted feet and silenced herself; she knew I couldn’t get out of this situation. “My name is...” I didn’t want to give my real name, what should I say, “My name is Shade.” With this he chuckled slightly. His metal mask which covered his mouth caused his speech to become rasping when he spoke, “well, as most of the people who reside in here tonight know who I am, so should you.” He lifted a hand off his metal torso and gestured to me, I knew who he was. Everyone knew who he was, “you are Bane.” He laughed deeply from underneath his mask, “do you fear me?” I looked him dead in the eye, they were dark and filled with misery, “no I don’t.” I growled, suddenly a phone went off; I looked over my shoulder to see Harley looking at it desperately.

Scarecrow’s POV

I called Harley’s cell phone hoping she would answer, but the line rung dead. I felt my phone vibrate and there was a text from Harley, “Bane at Blackout get help.” Oh god, what should I do. I dialled two face with desperation, and on the first ring he picked up, “what is it Scarecrow?” I growled as I spoke, “Bane is at club blackout with Harley, Ivy and Ashleigh.” The line was silent for a second, “damit, get back down here, you’re gonna need some artillery.” I sighed and ran back towards the hideout, every second I left Ashleigh with Bane; there was more of a chance she could get hurt.

Ashleigh’s POV

Bane chuckled at Harley’s desperate reaction. I didn’t like that one bit, “So Shade why don’t you fear me?”  I felt my emotions darken as I stared at Bane, this man, this monster was nothing to fear, “because truthfully I’m not normal.” He leaned forward, and looked me dead in the eye, and then a laugh began to bubble up from his chest, “a person who freely admits she’s not normal, unlike other people.” He looked over my shoulder to look at Carmine Falcone, who began to shift even more in his seat, I twisted my body round to look behind me and as soon as I did that, Falcone jumped out of his seat and in his hand was a revolver, Bane’s laughing ceased, “are you willing to kill the girl in front of you Falcone?” straight after he said this his large muscled arm wrapped round my neck, which placed me between the bullet and him, as I acted as a human shield. Catwoman leaped forward, only to be met with the brute force of Bane’s boot. She coward back as she knew trying to help me was no use. I brought up my hands to only have them grasped my bane by his other hand. I tried to struggle out of his grasp but with every second I struggled the more his grip intensified. I stopped struggling to see Falcone lowering his gun. “Good decision.” Suddenly I began to be dragged backwards, “if any of you try to follow us I will personally kill you.” Bane growled as we exited the club. I just hoped to god that The Scarecrow knew about the situation, I needed him.