-Chapter 9-

I gently move through the crowd until I'm standing in front of them.

"Well, you boys clean up nice" I smile, taking a mental picture of Clint.

"Where's Jerry"? Clint wonders.

"I sent him to check the building exits. Which was a load of crap just to get him to leave me alone" I say shaking my head.

"You know that defeats the purpose of a bodyguard" Steve points out.

"Isn't that why you guys are here"? I ask fixing Thor's tie.

Steve smiles and nods.

"Captain, then you wouldn't mind finding him and tell him tonight his services are not required" I ask Steve.

"It would be my pleasure" He nods walking off.

"You've got a look on your face" Clint says.

"This is the look she has when we speak of Justin Hammer" Thor says.

"Which happens to be similar to my 'I want to punch Jerry' look" I say to him.

"You didn't hit him did you" Clint asks, a sly grin on his face.

"No, but I really wanted to" I say finishing up glass of champagne.

"Lady Stark, would do me the honor of a dance" Thor asks playing up his Asgardianess.

I curtsey after all he is a prince.

"I would love to Thor" I say handing the glass to Clint.

He takes me by the hand leading me to the dance floor. He spins me around ending with one hand on my back and our free hands clasped together.

"You are a great dancer" I say as we move across the floor to the music.

"As a prince I had to learn such things when I was young" He says pulling me close to his side when a man looking around comes near us.

"Naturally" I grin.

As the high point of this song starts to build, he loops an arm around my waist lifting me off the floor then moving in circle. I laugh at him, he laughs too.

He puts me down and we finish the song.

"You dance well lady Stark" He replies smoothly with a grin.

I curtsey again.

"Thank you" I smile.

Without missing a beat I grab Clint by the arm, pulling him out to dance.

"You just danced with a prince, you sure my skills as a dancer compare"? He asks wrapping his arm around my waist.

I get butterflies in my stomach, he makes me feel like I'm normal. Like my life isn't as weird as it is.

"Don't sell yourself short hot shot" I grin at him.

"Hot shot"? He asks feigning shock.

I giggle at the look on his face.

"Yeah" I nod.

He chuckles, I can feel the sound rumbling in his chest. It makes my heart flutter and I smile.

"Its a better nickname than your brother has ever given me" Clint says.

"That's probably true" I say.

I see Jerry moving towards us, I drop my head on his chest trying to hide from Jerry in case he didn't see me.

"So much for services not required" I mutter.