Ƭωɛитʏ ғιиɛ

"You always made it seem so easyThat's how good you were with wordsTaught a broken girl to love againBetraying all the words you said

That's how good you were with words
Taught a broken girl to love again
Betraying all the words you said."

———————
Y/N's POV

But wait. That was my dad. His purple hair sat perfectly on his head, complementing his s/c skin. I remember all too well. "Wendy." He smiles at her. She runs towards him, he embraces her.

"Y/N." He smiles, coming closer to me, his arms wide open. I stand up and look him in the eyes. I hold my hand out, pushing his chest lightly. "Daddy, you have some s'plaining to do." I tut distastefully at him.

"Later." He says, going in for a hug once again. "Wait." I stop him once more. "Don't you owe Taehyung something?" "Yeah yeah fine here's your soul." He yawns, throwing a box towards him.

"You'll need this." He mutters.

As soon as he whipped it out, the energy in the room changed. Strange. He then shoots a white orb at Taehyung, it goes straight into him and the entire room goes black.

-

The lights turn back on but we're in a different room. I look at the floor and see a checkered pattern. I'm in weird black clothing too, almost like.. "the kings in chess." A dark voice booms.

I turn to my left, not believing the sight. Taehyung sat in it, his eyes black but a man standing beside him. "You guys really thought Asmodeus had Taehyung's soul?" He mutters.

"Lucifer." I seethe, recognising the evil man. "Y/N." He speaks, his mouth not moving. His voice instead coming out of Taehyung's mouth.

"Come on, I just wanna have fun. One more time." He sighs.

"Pawns, Horses, Knights, Bishops, Take your places." He chants. Almost robotic people march in , taking their places on either side of the floor.

"White goes first." "Pawn." A pawn from the other side goes forward.

"Black next. Pawn." A pawn walks forward.

The white pawn had taken 4 steps forward and the black pawn, 3 steps forward.

"Black pawn, your shot." The black pawn takes a step forward.

He then takes out a knife from its case and plunges it into the chest of the white pawn. Without a sound, he falls to the ground, lifeless.

"Marvellous!" 'Taehyung' claps eagerly. "REMEMBER THE RULES, PROTECT THE KINGS. BUT MAKE SURE THEY DONT COME IN CONTACT OR ELSE. CHARGE!" He shouts.

Protect the kings? There was someone else?

This isn't chess. This is literally a battlefield. All the peices started charging at each other, attempting to get to the kings. Blood was splattered left and right.

I tried to run away from the scene and ended up bumping into someone. They were dressed in the same attire. "Wendy?" I ask, recognising the figure before me.

"'You guys will be the kings.' He speaks, picking up two porcelain dolls that eerily look like my friend and I. 'Y/N, Wendy. You know the rules of chess, right?' He picks up a hammer.

'If the two kings come into contact.' He stops to smash the head of a doll. 'Checkmate.' "

"WENDY, RUN." I scream.

But I was too late.

"I love you." She whispered.

The rest seemed to happen in slow motion. I screamed as her head was cut clean off her shoulders. My world had stopped. I could jump off the tallest building in the world and the pain wouldn't be this bad.

Wendy was the most important figure in my life and I had just lost her. My scream was so loud, all the pieces had fallen to the ground.

My world had stopped. I fell to the ground, crawling towards her corpse. I clutched her headless body in my grasp. "This is all my fault.  I'm so sorry."

"My job here is done. I'll leave you all alone now." Lucifer chuckles before leaving for the last time.