Chapter 18: Fly With Me

On Saturday, since Katherine decided to spend the day with Annie, Mary and Pansy, Draco was hanging out with Chase and Tony in their Common Room. It felt a little odd for him, but Blaise was trying to make his relationship work with the Gryffindor girl – whose name Draco had already forgotten –, and he was certainly not in the mood to be with Goyle, so he settled with them. They weren't that bad, after all.

He told them about what happened with the 6th year Gryffindor the other day, which seemed to shock them.

"Stone..." Chase made a disgusted face. "I never liked him."

"Why?" Tony asked curiously.

"He always walks around the school like he owns the place. Whenever I was hanging out in the Common Room, I could always hear him bragging about something, usually girls. It was rather annoying."

"Or maybe you were just jealous of him," Draco smirked.

Chase turned to him with a displeased look.

"Oh, like I couldn't get any girl I wanted," the Gryffindor leaned back in his seat.

"Well, Aiden obviously can't," Tony said matter-of-factly.

Draco let out a low chuckle at his words.

"Indeed," he agreed.

"Are you sure he won't try to get revenge or something?" The Hufflepuff asked, concern obvious in his voice.

"I'd like to see him try," Draco sneered.

"He might," Chase spoke up. "You know, maybe he did learn his lesson, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried something again."

"Do you think he's planning something?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"Planning," he let out a laugh. "Yeah, right. If he does try something, he will act on impulse, go after his head."

"Yeah, I can see why he's a Gryffindor," the Slytherin scoffed.

"Hey!"

"He does have a point..." Tony smiled slightly.

"Whatever," Chase rolled his eyes. "Just be careful. Better safe, than sorry," he shrugged.

Tony started stroking his chin, deep in thought.

"I really don't think he'll try again. What for? He must know that he doesn't have a chance with Kat by now and it would only gain him another visit from Draco."

"Because he's an idiot and his pride has been hurt," Chase jeered.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see," Draco shrugged.

Whether or not he was up to something, he wouldn't let him touch Katherine, that he was sure of.

***

Draco decided to spend the rest of his evening outside, fly around for a little bit. It always helped clear his mind.

While preparing himself to take off again after a little break, he noticed someone walking towards him. When he realized who it was, a smile appeared on his lips.

"Did you miss me?"

Katherine smiled at him, walking closer.

"Terribly," she nodded jokingly.

Draco took a step closer to her, his broom resting in his right hand.

"How was your day?"

"It was great," she glowed. "We had a lot of fun."

"Were you talking about me?" He lowered his voice.

"This might surprise you, but there are plenty of other things we can talk about, other than you."

"What?" Draco gasped, putting his free hand on his chest. "I'm not the one and only topic you can discuss? I'm hurt."

Katherine rolled her eyes playfully, a smile taking over her features.

"And... What are you doing out here?" She asked.

The Slytherin furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the broom in his hand, then back at the girl in front of him.

"Playing Quidditch by myself, obviously. What else could I be doing alone, with a broom?"

"No need to be sarcastic," the girl smiled softly.

He grinned at her, then he mounted his broom.

"Come," he nodded his head backwards.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Draco patted the back of his broom with his hand, smiling at the girl.

"No," she shook her head. "No, thank you."

"What's the matter? Are you afraid of heights?"

Biting down on her bottom lip, she looked away from the blonde.

"Oh, you don't have to be scared!"

"But I am," she shot back.

"Come on, Katherine," Draco smiled charmingly. "Fly with me."

The Hufflepuff felt her cheeks turning into the Gryffindor colour.

He reached one of his hands out, waiting for her to take it.

She was hesitant, but a few seconds later she gave in and took his hand. After mounting the broom herself, she wrapped her hands around Draco's waist.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," she nodded nervously.

With that said, they took off.

"I won't take you that high up yet, okay? We're just going to get you comfortable first."

They were like two metres away from the ground, and Katherine was feeling okay. Draco flew them around slowly, giving time for her to adjust. After a few minutes, he turned his head back to her.

"Can we go a little higher?"

She nodded slowly, but she regretted it instantly.

"Hold on!" Draco grinned.

He flew them up high in the air, going much faster than before. Katherine was hugging his waist like there was no tomorrow, which she feared could be true.

It took her a little while, but she adjusted eventually, beginning to enjoy it.

They flew over the Black Lake, which was beautiful, but the sky was getting darker and darker.

They stayed for a few more minutes, then they agreed it was time to go back.

After putting his broom away, he walked back to Katherine, who was waiting for him.

"It wasn't so bad, now, was it?" He smiled down at her.

"It was definitely a pleasant experience," she returned the gesture.

The light of the Moon illuminated her features, making her look even more gorgeous than she usually was.

Draco's eyes softened as he stared into her big, brown ones. She was like a magnet, pulling his body towards hers.

Mesmerized by her, he started leaning down, which caused Katherine to take a step back unconsciously, a scared look appearing in her eyes.

Realising what just happened, she sent a soft smile his way.

The Slytherin closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. Opening them up again, he smiled back at the girl.

He took her hand in his gently, then they walked back inside the castle.

She didn't have to say anything. He understood.