three - hormones

Perhaps being stuck outside of class in the middle of an empty corridor, with Ashton Irwin, wasn't too bad. It's actually pretty awful.

It was bad enough that Ashton was just leaning against the lockers opposite the classroom door, huffing and puffing like a bull ready to attack me. Ashton's completely used to getting sent out of class, but for doing funny stuff with his friends; not because some nobody of a girl answered back to him. Ashton hated anything which would harm his reputation, which he had spent years building; he wasn't planning to let anything get in the way.

It kept running through my mind to maybe apologise, but I just felt completely frozen and my mouth couldn't seem to open. It sounds completely dumb and horrendously lame to not be able to talk to another member of my class with ease, but when it came the the people in that "cool" crowd, everything just seemed to make me feel small and unworthy. It'd been that way now from the first day of high school, thinking I would walk in welcomed by new friends and opportunities like in the movies: I was wrong.

I just kept my eyes to the ground on the opposite side of the corridor to Ashton, watching his foot tap with irritation against the cold ground. Ashton had made a comment, which he wanted to make him look tough and clever - he wasn't expecting it to backfire.

I whistle sound comes from Ashton's back pocket and I cautiously look up to him pulling his iPhone from his back pocket, of his skinny jeans, and chuckling to himself as he reads the message - before wedging the phone back into the tight pocket once again.

"Would you mind covering for me?" Ashton finally speaks, making my heart jump. This was the first time Ashton had really spoken to me and this wasn't really how I had played it out in my mind at twelve at night.

"Huh?" I lamely respond, finding myself scared to speak in case I'd say something wrong. I wasn't sure why, but now Ashton disliked me - I felt the need to be careful with how I act around him, because I didn't want to be known as the dork Ashton Irwin despises.

"I have to, er, do something." Ashton chews on his bottom lip as he looks to his right, before looking back to me. I avoid any eye contact and focus on the locker beside him instead.

"What if Mr Raye comes outside?" I say in just above a whisper as I begin to feel like a complete loser.

Ashton rolls his eyes, shrugging his shoulders, "Make some shit up, I don't care."

I couldn't bring myself to say yes because I knew that I'd mess up any lie, frankly I can't lie to save my life. Plus, I couldn't say no because that would lead to a whole other situation, which I did not want to find myself in. I just hide back in my shell like a tortoise, chewing on my index finger nail - which I hadn't bitten for weeks, but right now I was way to on edge to care. It was scary how nervous people like Ashton could make me feel. It was like I want to speak up, but how?

"Fuck's sake." Ashton groans, throwing his back up against the locker with a bang. "You're so annoying."

I feel my cheeks go red, not really knowing how to respond once again. He was just such a hard character to deal with. He was so cool and I'm just so freaky.

"You don't even know me." I whisper, followed by a muffled chuckle. I slowly look to Ashton for his reaction, probably not half expecting to even hear a response since I had left it so late. 

"Lacey Rose King," Ashton raises his head and stares intently at me as if he were observing my presence,  "trust me, I know everything about everyone in this school."

He spoke like a leader, like this school were his castle and we all just wait for him to dictate to us our fait. Perhaps he's right. I was taken back of Ashton knowing my name, but it's just a name to him - he basically said that. He's spent years picking out each individual in our year and categorising us; hence why everyone kisses his arse. He likes to think he owns us all and we all allow him to have his way; due to his charming smile and dangerously good looks. 

I cross my arms over my chest as a form of protection, before speaking. "You'd be surprised."

Ashton dryly chuckles, adjusting his bandana on his head, which teachers had told him many times he wasn't allowed to wear; although it seemed now every boy was wearing them. "What do you mean?" Ashton questions, cocking his head to the side.

I look away from his gaze before shrugging, not knowing how to respond anymore. I was pretty shocked I had managed to speak that much. Saving me from answering, Mr Raye swings the door open before stepping outside into the empty hall and closing the rusty door behind him. 

"Talking whilst you're supposed to be on a time out?" Mr Raye shakes his head and sighs.

"Time out?" Ashton laughs, "What am I: nine years old?"

Mr Raye steps closer to Ashton. "Keep going like this, Irwin, and you're on the bench for the next game."

Ashton rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, clearly not satisfied by what he had been told. Even the teachers, in Ashton's world, couldn't talk to him in such a way.

"And you," Mr Raye glances over to me, making me squirm being my awkward and shy self, "I understand that for girls some times on the month can be emotional, but don't take it out on the boys."

"But-" I attempt to interrupt, only get shushed once again.

"You're both hormonal kids, I get it." Mr Raye calmly speaks, as I begin to want to run as far from this place as possibl. "I mean, I could definitely feel that sexual tension. But like we said, just because you're feeling frustrated, does not mean you have sex."

"Sir, what the hell?!" Ashton throws his hands in the hair and his face feels with confusion and a hint of disgust, "She's still a virgin."

"Really?" Mr Raye furrows his eyebrows as he looks to me. Let me die, I hear that would be a better place than being stuck with a crazy teacher and obnoxious boy.

"Oh my god." Ashton groans, stomping his feet like a child. "I don't need this, can we just go back inside?"

"Fine," Mr Raye says, "but Wednesday, you're both on duty for cleaning the P.E closet - all the younger little shits can't seem to put basket balls with the basket balls and footballs with the footballs. God, I hate my life."

Ashton looks to me with his mouth hung open, as if this was all my fault. He didn't need to worry though, I was sure to be sick on Wednesday. I couldn't think of anything worse than being stuck in a tight space with Ashton for an hour and a half.

"But Sir-" Ashton protests.

"Oh, shut up Irwin." Mr Raye snaps, "And take that thing of your head, I liked it better when you wore those girly fedoras."

Note to self: remind my parents that my school sucks.

-

i didnt know how to end this so whatever lol