Chapter 1

August 1st, 2018

Third Person Pov
It was a bright morning in Atlanta, Georgia and also the first day of the school year. Well, it was bright for Sophia Rose atleast. For Bree Paine it was the first day back to prison this year.

Sophia's Pov

I woke up to her alarm before going to wake up her little brother, 3 years younger than me, Jonathan. Out of everyone in my family I am the only morning person, but that does not stop me from waking everyone else up.

After waking Jonathan up I got ready for the day and went downstairs and put a bagel in the toaster. While I waited for her bagel to be done my mother came downstairs in her cop uniform.

"Good morning honey," Mom said looking very tired.

"Good morning mom!" I replied happily.

"I have to go down to the station and I won't be home until late tonight." She said walking to the door.

"Bye mom! See you later tonight!" I called but my mother had already left.

My bagel then finished and I sighed before eating breakfast. I did not take long to eat breakfast and when I was finished with it I called my brother downstairs. I put my dishes in the sink before Jonathan and I left to walk to school.

Bree's Pov

I woke up to my alarm screaming at me and I turned it off before just laying in bed for a few more minutes. I was in bed for around 5 minutes before rolling out of bed and getting ready for the day.

Once I was done putting my hair up I grabbed an apple for breakfast. I looked at my watch and realised that I had to go then or else I would miss the bus. I walked outside while eating my apple and got on the bus.

There were only a few seats with nobody in them and I took one towards the back. Then walked on my neighbor, and childhood best friend, Sebastian. For most of the ride we talked before the bus got to school and that started another year in prison.

Once we got inside Sebastian and I parted ways to go to our lockers. My locker was next to the most popular guy in school's locker. Aiden Walker. He always tries to flirt with girls including me. Almost all of the girls in the school like him, but he is the exact opposite of my type.

He was flirting with a girl then, so I took my chance and I put my stuff in my locker before heading to German class. There was around half of the class in there already and I sat down in the back of the class. While waiting for class to start I played Helix Jump on my phone. 

After a few minutes almost everyone was in class and a stern looking teacher walked in.

"My name is Miss. Carter and I will be your German teacher for the year. First rule, there will be no talking in my class unless I say so. Rule two, no complaints in my class. Rule three, pay attention in my class or you shall fail. Rule four, no cheating on the tests or I will rip it up and give you a zero. Got it, good.

"Now we will start off the year with a simple project. I will give you all a partner and you will have conversations in German. You will have to write about an experience you had together. One of you will write it in German and one in English. It has to be the exact same and do not lie about it because I know when people lie.

"Okay so the partners are Miss. Rose and Miss. Paine-

I stopped listening after that. I have to be partners with Sophia Rose. She is a huge goody tushus and a teacher's pet. I can't believe I have to be partners with her.

Sophia's Pov

Why do I have to be partners with Bree Paine. She does not care about anyone else's opinion and she gets into fights all the time. There is no way that I will get a good grade on this project.

"Okay everyone this is a project that is part of English class so this goes into that grade too. You may start working with your partner now." Mrs. Carter said.

Everyone got up to go find their partner and I went to the back of the class where Bree was sitting. I sat next to her and we sat in silence for a few minutes. (The italics is when they speak in German

"So for the project lets trade numbers so we can talk later." I said breaking the silence.

"Sure I guess," Bree replied shrugging.

We gave each other our phones and I put my number into her phone. We gave each other our phones back.

"We can go to my house after school no one will be home." Said Bree.

"Okay where do you live?" I asked her.

"Oh um I live at Random Address." She answered.

After that class was over and the rest of the day went by smoothly. During English class we had sometime to talk about the project. We talked about what days that we are free to work on it.

After school I picked up Jonathan and then walked home. When we got home I went straight towards Bree's house. This will be Something Different I guess. What I didn't know was that it would change my life.