13. Heart Broken

"I...I want to ask you something..."

"Go ahead," I give him the start.

"Do you...you know...uhm...when you spend some time with me...or when I get closer to you...Or I don't know...No, I want to ask you something else," he changes his mind. "There's a girl I like and even love a lot, but I don't know how to tell her. I just...I'd like to know what would be the best way to tell her..."

Damn. That freaking hurt. That's painful and that's exactly what I wanted to avoid.

I remove my hand from his all instinctively. "Well...I don't know...I think you should just confess to her with words that come from your heart...I'm not really good at this..." I barely think straight, the strong and stinging sensation I'm feeling in my chest is totally making me want to run out of this place and just get back home. "How do I know if she feels the same for me?"

"She will look at you with sparkles in her eyes...she will smile unceasingly while thinking about you all day long, she will try to make you understand that she feels safe with you and...that you make her happy, feel special...It's easy to see her reaction when you take her hand in yours and that she beams or blush, if you kiss her cheek and that she just freeze on her spot for some seconds to blush again...she will maybe try to hide what she's feeling to not be broken, but her eyes and body language will betray her..." I speak out as if I was just describing what I feel when I look at him. I'm on the verge of crying like a poor piece of dirt.

"So...if I hold her hand in mine like that..." he steps closer to me and skims my arm with his fingers to go lower and take my hand in his, very softly. He caresses the back of it and then leads those sweet touches to something more special by intertwining our fingers. "Will I be able to see if she loves me?" he stares at me.

"I...yes...I guess..." I drop my gaze down. "But...I'm sorry...I have to go, Jungkook..." I get myself out of his hold and hurry to walk out.

- Three days later -

"Hey, Y/N...Are you alright...? Why didn't you come last Wednesday...?" he opens the door to let me come in.

Seeing his face again reminds me that I'm going to die from pain just to know that I fell in love with him like an idiot, but this person doesn't feel the same back.

I come in and put my handbag down. "I...I had to take care of my little brother..." I lie. "Oh, but why didn't you answer any of my texts these last days...?"

"I'm sorry...I wasn't paying attention to my phone..." I avert his eyes, unable to give this falsehood and look at him. "Hm...Okay..." he toys with his fingers as if something was making him nervous.

He walks closer to me as I'm taking my phone out of my purse, and his arms enfold my figure, very gently to back hug me. His lips embrace my cheek. I think I'm going to pass out.

"I missed you..." he speaks in a low and soft voice. I would like to tell him the same, but I don't want to show him how much I'm thinking about him all the time.

"Are you upset...?" he asks me, maybe wondering why I'm not in a good mood. "No...I'm not," I get away from his embrace and step aside in order to reach my brother's bedroom.

•••

After finishing to put my clothes on the bed for later, I walk back to the living room to start cleaning.

I proceed to the kitchen where the usual products that I'll use are hidden in the cabinets. Jungkook stands up from the sofa where he was sitting and comes right next to me to take something out of the fridge. He puts a small white box, that seems to come from a bakery, on the counter in front of me.