Chapter 11 Bertia (17 years old)[3]

"Cecil-sama, I'm giving this to you."

On the surface, my expression remained unchanged as usual, but inside, I was shaken by indescribable emotions and thoughts. In front of me whose thoughts had frozen, Bertia held out a diary.

On top of the blue cover, there was a pattern of a fading golden ivy and a rose painting. This was indeed something she loved very much.

It's quite thick and gives off the feeling that it has been used for a long time. I received it as it was presented.

"This is?"

Although it was good to receive it, but when I considered how it would be for me to take a look at the content if it was truly a diary like it appeared, I asked her about it while lifting up the book lightly after I barely received it.

"It's my diary."

"Diary?"

As I expected when I looked at it, it was indeed a diary. Moreover, it was something that Bertia herself wrote.

It was truly just like Bertia for perfectly not betraying my expectations in this kind of situation.

However...

"Why would you give this diary to me, Tia?"

I don't understand the meaning of her giving me her diary.

Speaking of diary, with the exception of a special thing such as exchanging diaries between friends, isn't it usually be something that you wouldn't want others to see?

"...There were various evil deeds I have done to various people around the heroine for several years written inside that diary."

"...I see. And then?"

"Since Cecil-sama is a genius, I think that you would have enough evidence to bring me the [downfall] even without such a thing, but just in case, please keep a hold of it. It's my own personal diary. I think that it would surely be useful when the time comes!"

Looking at Bertia who began to speak about the diary at such a high speed in only one breath, I unconsciously furrowed my brow.

Oh, I see. This is supposed to be the evidence that can be used in order to bring her [downfall].

Until just now, I thought that it wasn't good to look at someone else's diary, but that thought was now blown away.

"Hmm," while muttering that with a cold voice, I flipped through the pages with sidelong glances.

[Day × Month ○, Cloudy.

Today, I bullied the new maid. During tea time, when she made me the tea, I said, "This is bad. I won't drink something as bad as this," and threw the cup to the floor, breaking it. Just in case the cup didn't break when it was thrown, I used a teacup that already had a bit of a crack in it that I'd found prior to the incident. I felt at ease because I didn't break a new one, it was killing two birds with one stone!! The moment I broke it, the new maid looked at me with teary eyes!! Satisfaction welled up in my chest.]

Aah, she was speaking of that time, huh?

If I'm not mistaken, from the report that my [envoy] gave me, she brought the cracked teacup and purposely broke it in front of everyone, but... The teacup that she broke originally was cracked by the new maid, and because it was too expensive, she couldn't speak up about it and so concealed the matter, wasn't it?

On top of Bertia knowing it, she brought the originally cracked teacup, used a believable excuse, and broke the cup on her own, laying the blame on her and covering up for the new maid... it was supposed to be that kind of a moving tale, though.