Chapter 12 Bertia (17 years old)[1]

"Bertia, you look very beautiful. The dress that I gave you really matches you well."

"T, thank you very much, Cecil-sama."

On the day of the graduation party.

From what her maids told me, she seemed to be severely worried, but she eventually wore the dress I gifted her and attended the party.

Looking at Bertia who was dressed in the present I gave her, my heart was filled with a feeling of satisfaction.

As I reflexively smiled, Bertia also gave her smile, albeit awkwardly. However, there was a complicated feeling floating around somewhere in her expression.

Thinking that it wasn't a good idea to let Bertia choose, the dress that I chose and gifted for her was a navy blue and golden dress with the image of the moon floating in the night sky.

A deep blue silk fabric covering her mid-chest to waist perfectly emphasized the strong points of her figure.

The necklace that I gave her today was shining brightly on her bosom, but not to the extent that it looked unpleasant.

The deep blue silk cloth that was the same color as my eyes, which resembles the night, had the same golden embroidery as the deep crimson red jacket I'm wearing.

The portion of the fluffy and spread skirt was stacked up repeatedly with golden lace that had the same color as my hair on top of the same navy blue color cloth as the upper half part, and there were several parts covered by the same golden-colored small gems mounted on it.

The dress that concealed an adult's grace in its gorgeousness gave off just a bit of the adult-like feeling to Bertia's image, who was always hopping around energetically. Still, it suited her very well.

...Well, since it's a design that I devised to suit her, obviously it would suit her very well.

"U-uhm, Cecil-sama, today..."

"Ssh, be quiet. The entrance will soon begin. Just a while after the entrance, the student council members need to be on the stage of the party, so I might make you feel a bit lonely, but please wait together with Lady Silica and the others, okay?"

Her eyes quivered, and her slightly parted lips that seemed like she wanted to say something resembled cherries that I couldn't help but gently touch them with my fingertips.

Her eyes opened slightly wider as if she was surprised by my action, and I smiled at those eyes.

...I won't allow any denial, rebuttal, or objection, okay?

I don't want to listen to words saying that you are trying to keep some distance from me.

It's all right. Everything will surely turn out well.

Since I will surely destroy everything today, be it the future that would make you sad, or the future that would snatch away my enjoyment.

That's why, can you not shake me up with any more incomprehensible feelings?

...Because I feel like something unpleasant has begun to awaken inside of me.

Just in time, music began to be heard from within the hall.

No. To be more precise, I adjusted the timing so that I won't have to talk excessively with Bertia until this party ends.

"It's time for the entrance."

The student who acted as a host greeted the graduates and their partners who were led by us, the student council officers.

I held out my hand to Bertia as a signal. Despite her being perplexed, she still placed her small hand on top of mine.