Chapter 39

{Song in video: Train - Marry Me}

It was officially the day of my wedding. Vince and I planned this in two months, and even though it was a bit stressful, it was also going to be the best day of my entire life.

My family, Chelsea, Jesenia, Harper, and I rode in a black limousine to go to Leonard's Palazzo, the fancy wedding venue Vince and I chose, to have the wedding ceremony and reception.

When we arrived, we got out of the car, and went inside. The venue was fancy and huge, basically like a mansion. It was white on the outside, and had a giant water fountain in front of it.

Inside of it was even better. There were big gold chandeliers hanging from the huge ceiling, and a spiral staircase. It was very castle-like, like Cinderella's place. Our wedding colors were mainly lavender and gold.

The makeup artists and hairstylists were already there waiting for my mom, Liz, Chelsea, Jesenia, and Harper. I brought my wedding dress inside, and we went upstairs. There were several different rooms upstairs to get ready in.

I went to the biggest room. One of the makeup artists, and one of the hairstylists followed me in there.

"We're going to make you look absolutely stunning," the makeup artist said. "These are what you wanted, correct?" She pointed at all the makeup on the desk.

"Yes," I answered, nodding my head.

For the next few hours, we were all getting ready for the big day.

When we were all done with our hair and makeup, we got changed into our dresses.

My maid of honor, Liz, and my bridesmaids, Chelsea, Jesenia, and Harper gasped as I walked toward them.

They were wearing lavender colored long spaghetti strap dresses.

"You look gorgeous!" Chelsea exclaimed.

"Stunning," Liz said, smiling.

"Vince is going to be swayed," Jesenia said.

"You're so beautiful!" Harper exclaimed.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at them.

My mom was busy downstairs, along with my dad, and a few other family members and workers to set up the wedding.

We went downstairs to go help them.

"Stacey, you're the bride. Don't worry, we got this," Liz said, looking determined. "This is your day, so you don't have to do too much."

"Thanks," I said, nodding my head. "I'm still going to check on things to make sure everything is going fine."

Suddenly, I saw Rebecca walking towards me. I immediately felt a bit uncomfortable, but I tried to shrug it off.

"Hello, Stacey," Rebecca said, sounding formal with her usual expressionless face.

"Hey," I said.

"So Vince and I were having a long discussion last night about you. Turns out, I may have had the wrong impression of you."

"What was your impression of me?" I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"I thought you were a gold digger." She glanced at the clock. "But Vince was telling me everything about you, and he really is in love with you. More than I've ever seen him be than anyone else."

"I was never after Vince for his money, but I'm glad that you know that I'm not a gold digger." I almost laughed. Me? A gold digger? That's why she didn't like me this whole time?