Forty Eight

Jungkook's POV

I woke up in pain, which is not a good way to wake up.

I felt like I was broken all over. Everything ached, but for some reason nothing was too overbearing. I remember being shot in the arm, stabbed in the side, and then finally, shot in the back.

Would've sounded better if I was stabbed there.

The very loud sound of a handle turning caught my attention. I held my hand up to shield my eyes from the bright light that entered the dimly lit room. The door closed with a clank and suddenly it was dark again.

"You're awake," Luke's unmistakable voice rings through what I can only assume is some kind of prison cell.

"Look like it," I mumble, realizing where I was now.

"Bet you're wondering how," Luke chuckles. "I mean, you should be dead," he claps his hands together, walking closer to light that emits from the one lightbulb above me. "Shot twice, stabbed, and in pretty bad places too."

"You should've just killed me," I scoff, looking him right in the eyes. I knew he ordered whatever doctors he had to save me, but I didn't understand why.

"That would be no fun," Luke pouts, making me quirk an eyebrow at him. "Killing you is easy, but killing you in front of Ara," his pout turns into a smirk. "The look on her face is just too much to pass up."

"Shut up," I growl, glaring up at him.

"How much do you think it'll break her?" Luke smiles. "To see the man she loves die in front of her? How do you think she'll cope knowing it would be all her fault?"

I lunged at him, ready to rip his throat out, but the chains around my wrists held me back. He let out a throaty laugh at my attempt, shaking his head.

"I have to meet with your leader right now to discuss your release," Luke makes air quotes with his hands at the last part. "And I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve."

"You're not gonna win this," I scoff. "Bangtan is far better than any man you have. There's a reason Raymond was the boss and you were just his bitch."

A dull pain erupts across my cheek and I fall back. I bring my hand up to where Luke had punched me and wince when I can already feel it bruising.

"Consider that a parting gift," Luke glares at him, shaking his hand out. "The next time I see you, you won't be alive long."

-

Ara's POV

"Come on Tae you're not gonna die!" I yell over the edge of the building. Everyone had already made it to the top. Yoongi, Jimin, me, and even Hoseok had conquered his fear of heights to get to the top. Taehyung however, was finding it very difficult to do the final bit of his climb to reach the top.

"Dude we told you not to look down!" Jimin smirks, looking down at Taehyung's shaking body. He was shaking so bad the rope was shaking as well, which was not a good thing.

"Yeah well I did so!" He yells back in frustration, his eyes shut closed in fear.

"We don't have time for this," Yoongi rolls his eyes, looking at his watch.

"Come on Tae, it's not that much longer to the top!" I tell him. "Being up here is better than hanging where you are!"

"Okay, okay," Taehyung groans, looking at me with fear in his eyes. He starts to move his feet slowly up, wincing with every step.

"You're almost there," I try and encourage him. He was truly very close to the top, he just had to get there.

It was painfully slow, but he was getting closer. His eyes were closed as he took every step, not even wanting to look up at us because of his fear.