Chapters 151-160

Chapter 151: Meeting Without Knowing

It was a dark night. The storm rumbled, and the lightning zigzagged across the sky, tearing the night sky apart while intimidating the land.

While the thunderstorm raged, a heavy rainpour fell. It was as if the river of heavens had poured downwards as raindrops formed into strings and dropped down from the void.

Amidst the thunderstorm, Xie Jingxuan was like a white spirit. The tips of her feet lightly pressed against the wet ground before her figure flew as lithely as willow leaves. After streaking tens of meters across the sky, only then would she drop back to the ground before flying up once more.

The weather was terrible, and it was deep into the night. People were scarce in all the major districts of Armament City, and there were nearly no pedestrians to be seen on the streets.

Even the Armament Sect outer sect martial practitioners that were in charge of patrols had grown lazy and relaxed under this terrible rain. They had all hid themselves in their respective strongholds away from the rain.

It was also why Xie Jingxuan streaking across the streets like a ghost had not attracted any attention.

From time to time, she would lift her head to look at the thunder and lightning shooting across the sky. While checking the direction she was heading in, she was also quietly closing on where Qin Lie was.

“The way the thunder was falling is somewhat similar to the time he fought against the Soul Devouring Beast inside the stone forest valley. But he has disappeared for almost a year, so logically he should not appear in Armament City…”

Doubt leaked out of Xie Jingxuan’s clear cold eyes. She also thought that her suspicion was a little baseless.

Dark Asura Hall had wanted to escort a batch of valuable spirit materials to Armament City and pass them on to Armament Sect. Because the amount was slightly larger than norm, in order to prevent any accidents along the way, plus the fact that she had business in Armament City anyway, she had accepted the mission on her own and took over the escort of these spirit materials.

It had been almost a year from when Qin Lie and Li Mu left Icestone City. During this one year period, Xie Jingxuan had used Dark Asura Hall’s information network to search for Qin Lie and Li Mu’s tracks, but unfortunately, there hadn’t been any results.

Dark Asura Hall’s Yuan Tianya had also arranged for people to look into Li Mu’s background and find any information on him that they could non-stop, but again there was no progress whatsoever.

It was as if Qin Lie and Li Mu had both vanished into thin air. Not a trace of them could be found.

She had just arrived at Armament City yesterday and was ready to rest for a moment before personally entering Armament Sect’s inner sect in two days. While she was instructing her subordinate generals about other matters, she suddenly saw that the thunder and lightning in a particular area in this city was acting strangely. Therefore, the gears in her head started turning, and she came alone to search.

“Can it be him?” Xie Jingxuan frowned.

……

“Prak prak!”

Inside the courtyard, bolts of lightning shot down from the sky as blinding as whips of lightning. They harshly whipped Qin Lie’s body.

Qin Lie’s entire body was glowing with electricity like a sparkling gem or diamond. He was as radiant as the sun and moon under the dark night.

Sitting straight on top of the stone floor with a serious expression, he focused every bit of his mind and consciousness to channel Heavenly Thunder Eradication. He had absorbed all of the thunder and lightning energy beating down on him into his body and then into his spirit sea.