45

Two Weeks Later

As much as you hate to admit it, things hasn't been a smooth sail ever since that day.

There were times when Taehyung would show up on your doorstep either frustrated or exhausted.

He'd ignore you for a certain period too, pretending you didn't exist.

You've been patient with him though and forced yourself to believe that he only acts that way due to pressure.

Not a day passes without him getting a call from his mother. She's been trying to convince him to return.

If there's one thing you've come to know after spending time with Taehyung the past two weeks, is that he was short-tempered.

That came as a surprise to say the least. You've always known him to be the the calm type who occasionally loves to exaggerate. So when he snapped at you for the first time, you froze like the North Pole.

"You're leaving?"

"Only for a week. There's things I have to take care of first at home."

"Let me guess, when you told your mom about us, she didn't take it quite nicely?" You lean against the doorframe of his room. Ever since you two became official, you've been dropping by his place every now and then.

The room looks cozy but massive- soft blue shade for the walls, a large screen tv, desk and bed sheets to match the room. It even has a walk in closet.

Taehyung begins to fill his suitcase with clothes. "Not really. She's not the real issue here. I may or may not have cut my engagement quicker than the speed of flash and caused a commotion."

"You mean the speed of light."

"No. Speed of flash. You know. The one from marvel? In an alternate universe, he'd belong to DC."

"You're a dork."

Taehyung glides over to you and gently pulls you to the bed by the hand. He sits down while you stand in front of him with crossed arms, one eyebrow raised.

Behind that smile he's wearing, there's a beam of hesitation .

"I lied when I said I'd be gone for a week." He confesses. Looking down, he begins to fiddle with the hem of you shirt. "I'll probably be away for a month if not more. I don't want to leave you Y/n but I can't ignore this even if I wanted to."

"You've got responsibilities, I get it." You brush your fingers across his hair. "Just promise me you'll come back once everything's settled."

"I always come back."

He says he'll come back.

But why do you find that hard to believe?

Taehyung left the following day and you've been keeping yourself busy in the shop to avoid feeling that empty gap in your heart,

How long has it been since he left exactly? Six days? Maybe seven already.

Lisa glides over to the counter and sets the tray on top of it. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because we don't exactly know when your boyfriend's coming back? I mean Paris is far enough as it is."

You raise an eyebrow. "Paris?"

Lisa gives you a dull expression. "Judging by your face, I'm assuming Taehyung left that part out uh?"

"What do you mean Paris?"

Lisa scratches the side of her head causing you to give her a stern look, demanding an answer. "I don't know the whole story but according to Jin, Taehyung's ex fiancé went missing the day after he left and the parents are blaming him for her disappearance."

You don't know what to say about that.

"I doubt she was kidnapped but the parents won't seem to settle for reason. I mean the girl's already in love with someone else and yet they're forcing her to many someone she barely knows." A customer enters the cafe and Lisa takes that as her cue to leave. "I'll be right back."

The customer strides to the front counter and stares at the menu hanging on the wall behind you.

"Mhh. I'll have a caramel macchiato and a slice of blueberry cake." Their voice sounds soothing- enough to calm the sea. It's almost distracting.

"Dine in or to go?"

A dimple punctures his cheek when he smiles. Taking in his figure, he's clad in a grey hoodie with black loose pants. "Dine."

After he pays for his order, he walks away to find a seat.

He takes the one beside the glass wall and stares into the outside.

If this world was a movie, he'd definitely be the male lead.

"Here's your caramel macchiato and blueberry cake. Enjoy."

"Thanks Y/n."

Pausing, you turn around and face him once again. "I'm sorry but do I know you from somewhere?"

The ma leisurely takes a bite from his cake and hums like he's confused. But he's also smiling. "Not really. You don't know me but I know you. Taehyung actually sent me to give this to you."

He then pulls out an envelope from his backpack and hands it to you. As if that was his plan in the first place, he gets up and leaves the cafe.

The envelope has Taehyung's handwriting on it. There's a wave of hesitation flooding your veins as you stare at it.

You take the letter out and begin reading through the words.

And your heart drops.

A/n:
I wasn't able to update that much since I've been busy with school. But we're having our finals now and yeah. After finishing those Major subject exams, I can finally sit down and write.
Have a nice day/night.