Fallen Heroes || Transformers: The Last Knight (PREVIEW)

"You're hiding something from me

"You're hiding something from me...whatever it is, you need to tell me."

Both Ratchet and Ironhide turned their helms away to avoid my gaze, and instead turned to face each other, a hesitant look forming in their optics.

"Ratchet..." I spoke firmly, somewhat making the medic flinch at my harsh tone, "what is going on?" With a heavy sigh, the mech turned to face me, as solemn expression on his face-plate. "There is no easy way to explain this to you..." He began, lowering his optics to the ground in front of me, before looking back up at me sadly, "but...you're dying."

The wind was suddenly knocked from my chest, causing me to lose my balance and sit down on a tattered, old leather seat for support. "But...b-but how? I-" "Whatever that Knight did to you, your blood is turning into energon, and from studies conducted from my previous years at N.E.S.T., a human cannot survive long with energon in their system."

I placed a hand over my mouth out of shock, and closed my eyes to prevent the tears from falling. "How long do I have?" I asked, a shaky sigh leaving my lips in the process. "From what we've gathered, roughly 20 days..." Ironhide explained, staring down at my shaking form. I nodded my head in understanding, pressing my lips into a thin line before wiping the already formed tears from my eyes.

After a moment of silence, Ironhide spoke briefly "We've tried contacting Optimus-" "It's no use..." I interrupted, "we lost contact with him two years ago. Besides...it won't matter" I finished, sighing heavily before placing my shaking hands in my lap. "In case Optimus doesn't come back, before I..." I paused, dreading the thought entirely, "promise me you'll stay with me, 'till the end."

With a sideways glance towards each other, both Ratchet and Ironhide nodded their helms in union, "'Till the end."

____________________________________________________________