08

"i might get fat and you won't like me anymore."

"what?" i chuckled at her statement, i really don't want her to be insecure about me not liking her since she's perfect no matter what. "eat more, here, have this."

her lips turned into a pout for a while and lifted her lips to a smile afterwards.

"thank you. i owe you a lot, my dear boyfriend."

boyfriend? she called me her boyfriend for the first time! a sudden blood-attack rushed up my cheek.

-

i'm walking beside ryejin towards the school's gate. school was tiring, but since she's there, it felt alot more fun.

earlier, jin offered his seat (which is next to me.) to ryejin, who quickly agreed. i know it was intentional but i'm happy that they're supporting me.

"s-should we hold hands? my sister does that with her b-boyfriend, sooo yeah.." ryejin pressed her lips together. i smiled and intertwined her fingers with mine.

i swung our hands and i started hop-walking which she easily joined into. the feeling of joy i'm experiencing right now is not an ordinary joy, it's a kind of joy which only someone i treasure can bring.

we sat in a park bench, watching a swing that is swaying by itself.

"i miss my mom." ryejin suddenly spoke.

"what? where is she?"

"she's been gone for like, a week now. i know that might not be that long for you, but for me, it is. it really is. my mom is always with me, we're not cheesy-close and we don't tell each other problems and crushes and such but when she's gone, i thought that we don't really appreciate something until it's not there." a tear slid down her face and my heart broke.

damn, she's not okay last week but she pretended that she was?

"i'm sorry to ask you but where is she now?" i really tried to contain myself about asking this sensitive question but i can't.

"at work."

oh, her mom's not like.. oh okay i get it now. she's a sensitive person so i understand.

"joonie? why are you spacing out? did you thought my mom is dead?"

"wha- no! of course, not!" i tried laughing but terribly failed.

"let's go grab some icecream, shall we?" i offered her my hand to hold.

"with cotton candy? yes!" she held my hand and intertwined our fingers.

-
ryejin

"ryejin, why and when did you start liking me?" namjoon asked me while i was savoring the taste of the sweet dessert in front of me.

i smiled and slightly blushed. "i started liking you waaaayyy back then, when we we're in 5th grade. you transferred in here. the moment you smiled in the front while introducing yourself, i already knew i like you. to answer your question 'why' umm..,"

i trailed off for a little bit. "you look like you're gonna treat me ice cream with cotton candy, just like now." namjoon chuckled.

"you're someone i can never trail my eyes off of. you are precious, i feel like you give a lot of good cuddles. i felt that you'll take care of me and make me feel like i'm loved and i love you so muc-" i realized what i was saying and stopped.

namjoon was shocked, too. just as i was. he stood up and pulled me out of the sweets shop.

he sat me in a bench where there's almost no people around, there were people but they're farther away and minding their business.

"you- you love me?" he stuttered.

i nodded my head while looking at my feet, trying to hide my tomato-red face.

"can i kiss you?" i grew red.

"sure." were the last word i said before a lips crashed into mine.