Supplement Prepared by the Madam

But as the two reached the winding corridor and before they could leave the courtyard, a servant girl quickly rushed over towards them. Seeing Jin Zhen, she let out a sigh and greeted her: "It's good that I made it." Then, seeing that granny Sun was also present, she pulled Jin Zhen to the side.

If granny Sun had been present when the medicine was delivered, then she would recognize her at present. This was the servant girl who worked in the guest courtyard and took care of the court physician. It was also this girl that brought the cup of aphrodisiac to Willow courtyard.

Jin Zhen was obviously not unfamiliar with this girl. Seeing that this girl was presently looking for her, her heart skipped a beat, "Did something happen?"

The girl tilted her body and blocked granny Sun's line of sight. Only then, did she pull something out from her waist and passed it to Jin Zhen: "Just now, someone placed this in front of the doctor's door. Doctor Xu told me to deliver it to you. Could you please help figure out if something has happened?"

Jin Zhen received it. Although the thing was wrapped in a white cloth, her heart began to beat heavily. She knew it was something bad.

She quickly removed the cloth and looked at it. Her head exploded with a "boom" sound- it was her shoe.

But it was only one shoe!

"Who sent this?" She asked with a quivering voice. Her face went from a rosy lustre to a pale white, as she clasped the shoe in her hands so tightly that her knuckles turned white.

"I do not know." The girl shook her head, "It was placed in front of sir Xu's door. We asked all of the servants around, but none saw any strangers enter."

Jin Zhen took a few deep breaths and put the shoe in her sleeve. She patted the girl, "Quickly return. Tell the doctor that I have received his message and that he should not worry." She then turned around and pulled granny Sun. Her words carried a sense of urgency, but her tone was much kinder than before: "Granny, let's walk faster. We shouldn't make the second young miss wait too long."

Granny Sun did not know what happened, but she saw the girl who came over to speak had run away. As for Jin Zhen, she practically trotted the whole way to Willow courtyard. There were a few times where she wanted to slow down, as her old body could not handle running like this. But Jin Zhen moved as though the house were on fire and completely ignored her.

When they finally reached Willow courtyard, granny Sun held the entrance for support, as she gasped for air! That Jin Zhen lifted her skirt slightly and directly rushed inside. Only when she reached the door to Feng Yu Heng's room, did she stop and yell: "Second young miss! Servant Jin Zhen requests to meet second young miss!"

There was no reaction from inside for quite a while.

Jin Zhen banged on the door a few more times to no avail, so she turned and ran towards the other main room.

That room was the one Feng Zi Rui lived in. When Jin Zhen entered the room, she saw an empty cup on the table. The cup still had a few drops of medicine remaining.

She immediately drew a blank, as she continued to stare at that cup. She then looked towards Feng Zi Rui, who lay on the bed. It was then that she felt her leg begin to cramp up.

"Oh!" Huang Quan, who was attending to Zi Rui, turned her head and cruelly looked at Jin Zhen, "Isn't this the head wife's Jin Zhen girl? Why are you standing there?"

Jin Zhen just felt that her heart was about to leap in to her throat, as she pointedly asked: "Where is the second young miss?"

"The young miss has become tired from taking care of young master. She is resting in her own room."