Chen shi, Who Gave You the Courage

"Worth mentioning." Feng Jin Yuan waved his hand, "Chen shi, I allow you to maintain this position for a few more years. But Feng manor will no longer provide you with high quality food. The food provided will be handled by mother. From today onward, you will remain in Jin Yu courtyard to ponder your mistakes. You can not leave without my permission."

Chen shi's face displayed her unwillingness, as she fervently shook her head.

Giving up on good food, wouldn't that be the same as wanting her life?

Chen Yu quickly spoke up to remind her: "Would mother please take Chen Yu in to consideration more."

With these words, Chen shi suppressed all her unwillingness.

This daughter was her future and was her biggest gamble. She could give up on good food, but she could not give up on this daughter.

"Furthermore." Feng Jin Yuan spoke again, "Jin Zhen has been of service to the head of this house. She will become a concubine and be given Ru Yi courtyard."1

Ru Yi courtyard was a small courtyard in the manor. An shi had lived in there for a while previously. After giving birth to Xiang Rong, she moved to a larger courtyard. That Ru Yi courtyard was considered to be conforming to the societal norms. It was well-decorated and had a rockery pond, along with some beautiful scenery.

Hearing Feng Jin Yuan arrange it like this, Jin Zhen's heart finally settled back down in her belly. She quickly kowtowed on the ground and thanked him for his grace.

The matriarch noticed that the presence of a bloodstain on the back of her dress. Her originally angry heart was soothed a bit. Her son was the prime minister. There was only one official wife and three concubines at the manor, which was not very many. Moreover, Yao shi had only just been brought back; furthermore, there were only two sons. This was much too few. If this Jin Zhen worked hard and could birth a stout boy, then the labors of today would not be in vain.

The matriarch's gaze was noticed by Jin Zhen, and she felt that she could relax a little more. Thankfully, Feng Jin Yuan, at the time, was in a drug-induced deranged state, so he did not notice that she was not a virgin. After that, she had been clever. She pierced her forearm and smeared some blood on her dress. As for the injury, she could pass it off as something she received from Chen shi's beating.

Each person had their own arrangements. All that remained was the doctor and maidservant, both of whom were still knelt in the middle of the room. Feng Jin Yuan still had some anger left to vent. Seeing the two people, he could not help but unload all of it on them.

"Secret guards!" He roared loudly, "Kill!"

With a single word, a person appeared in the room with a whoosh. With a flash, they disappeared again.

Looking again at the two people, they had actually been decapitated.

The women in the room all began to scream. Even Feng Yu Heng followed the crowd and pretended to scream a few times. But only Han shi stared directly at doctor Xu's corpse, her heart felt a faint sense of pleasure.

Feng Jin Yuan waved his hand, and two servants immediately entered the room and carried the corpses out. There were also servant who cleaned the ground, and the ground was cleaned in just a few moments. There were no signs of any bloody scene ever occurring in the room; however, there was no way to cover the smell of blood in the air.

Feeling sick, Chen Yu covered her mouth. Chen shi stared at the spot where nobody wanted to step, her heart filled with fear.

This was the first time the members of the Feng family witnessed such a scene. Feng Jin Yuan had never allowed his secret guards to make an appearance before other people. He even more prevented family members from seeing bloodshed. But today he had dealt with too much. He simply wanted to vent and could not consider too many things. After thinking about it a little more, he thought this was also ok. Whether it was Chen shi or Feng Yu Heng, this was considered a deterrent. His official wife was hard to control, and that second daughter might be even harder to control.