Give the Second Young Miss Some Praise

She pretended to ponder: "Five hundred year old ginseng was bought away for twenty taels by that old man. One thousand year old glossy ganoderma... forty taels?"

The shopkeeper repeatedly shook his head, "Young miss, prices aren't calculated like this. Five hundred year and one thousand year, this isn't a matter of simply increasing the price by one fold." What a joke, from a glance, this young miss was not an ordinary person. He had to try and get more out of her.

"Then shopkeeper should just give a price."

The shopkeeper thought then raised five fingers: "This number."

"Fifty taels? Un, that's fine."

"Five hundred taels."

"Five hundred taels..." She showed an embarrassed expression and looked at the glossy ganoderma, "A piece of tree bark sells for five hundred taels. Shopkeeper, isn't this a little too shady?" When she raised her head again, her expression sank. Her eyes shone with a clever light, as she stared at the shopkeeper's face.

"What did you say?" The shopkeeper's heart became gloomy. He had come across a difficult quarrel. As he was preparing to take away the fake glossy ganoderma, Feng Yu Heng quickly grabbed his wrist. Squeezing tightly like a clamp, her grip made the shopkeeper break in to a cold sweat, "What is it you want to do?"

At this time, Huang Quan returned to Hundred Herb Hall with the old man who had bought the fake ginseng. Instantly, the people who had been buying medical herbs and seeing the doctor came over. Even the people on the streets felt that something was happening here. They all came over to be entertained.

Huang Quan made her way over and quietly asked her: "Young miss, do you want to disperse the crowd first?" After all, you still had to do business later. If everyone knew that Hundred Herb Hall sold fake medicine, it could potentially ruin future business.

Feng Yu Heng, however, shook her head: "No need! Hundred Herb Hall had become like this. There is no need to continue. It's better to change a shopkeeper and change businesses."

The shopkeeper was angered to the point of laughing: "Little girl, don't over reach with your words! Do you know who Hundred Herb Hall belongs to? Do you know who the backer is?"

Feng Yu Heng pushed him forward. The shopkeeper could not find his footing and fell to the ground.

"You should tell me. Which great backer allowed you to pass off a tree root as ginseng and tree bark as glossy ganoderma!"

As she said this, the old man who had been brought back could not help but glance again at the ginseng in his hands, "This... this is a fake?"

Huang Quan shook her head and reluctantly said: "Old man, opening a herb hall is for the sake of earning money. If it really were a five hundred year old ginseng, could he sell it to you for twenty taels? Even asking two hundred is a low price. In your hands is just a tree root. It isn't even worth a penny."

"What?" The old man violently threw the fake ginseng at the shopkeeper in anger. Pointing at him, he cursed: "Black-hearted vendor! You cheated me of all my money, yet you still gave me fake ginseng! This was medicine meant to save someone's life! How could you do such a thing!"

Instantly, everyone in the surroundings began to point their fingers.

The shopkeeper was not at all polite to the old man. He rushed over wanting to deliver a slap, but as he pulled his hand back, Huang Quan grabbed hold of him.

This person became confused. Why was it that all the little girls that came today had incredible grips?

"You have a guilty conscience, yet you still want to hit others? Who gave you the right?" With a push from Huang Quan, the shopkeeper once again fell to the ground.