Say Betrayal and Betrayal will Come

Chen shi retreated a few steps out of fear, shakily saying: "How have I hidden money? For such a large Feng manor, how could there not be many expenses. The money been put in to the manor. Also... Also, the fifty to sixty thousand that I mentioned was just an estimate and something that I threw out. Right!" She had an idea, "It was because I was angry at that girl! I was angered to the point where I couldn't even speak! Husband, you also know my personality. Whenever I get angry, I can say just about anything. I truly speak harshly but without bad intention."

Feng Jin Yuan also thought this to be true. Chen shi was just a brainless person. Once she became angered, it was possible that she'd start spouting nonsense. He could not help but believe it a little.

Feng Yu Heng did not get flustered and quietly said: "It's fine. Today, when I went out, I happened to run in to his Highness Prince Yu. his Highness saw that I was quite tired from managing the shops and said that he would send someone over to help audit the accounts tomorrow. When the accounts have all been audited, mother can naturally be proven innocent."

"Second sister!" Feng Chen Yu felt that if she continued her inaction, then her mother's position would be impossible to maintain! Once Chen shi fell, what sort of daughter to the first wife would she be? Thus she quickly said: "Regardless if mother did anything wrong, elder sister will apologize to you now. As for the money..." She turned her head and looked at Feng Jin Yuan, "If father understands and sympathizes with this daughter and wants to provide some more dowry for when this daughter marries out of the family, then can this daughter use the dowry to pay second sister?"

Feng Jin Yuan felt very emotional. This eldest daughter of his was truly understanding.

"Chen Yu." He lightly patted Chen Yu's shoulder, "Whatever father says, it will not cause you any grievances. Your dowry will be the Feng family's face. None can take it away." As he spoke, he looked toward Feng Yu Heng.

Feng Yu heng raised an eyebrow: "Why is father looking at me? A-Heng did not announce a desire for elder sister's dowry. In short, Prince Yu's contingent will send someone to help this daughter audit the accounts, so this daughter will first make her stance clear. If it is discovered that the shops were losing money, then the money the family put in, this daughter will naturally repay. If it is discovered that there was a profit, then that money, this daughter does not want. Consider it compensation to father and grandmother for taking care of family matters all these years." Then looking at Xiang Rong and Fen Dai, she added: "Un, A-Heng hopes that the money, no matter how much or little, can be used to supplement my little sisters' dowry."

Fen Dai just loved hearing this sort of thing and immediately laughed. With a clear voice, she responded: "Thank you, second sister!"

Xiang Rong also rose and gave thanks in a clear voice: "Xiang Rong thanks second sister."

Han shi giggled with her mouth closed for a while before turning her head and saying to the matriarch: "Head madam has already said that the shops can earn fifty to sixty thousand. Even if these numbers are overestimates, I don't think it would be to the point of losing money. This concubine really must thank second young miss on behalf of fourth young miss and thank mother-in-law for her consideration."

Feng Yu Heng knew that she could never recover the profits of previous years. She may as well spread the wealth evenly. When wealth is hoarded, people will disperse. When wealth is spread, people will come together. This logic was something she understood. With this, she not only accommodated Xiang Rong and Fen Dai, she also honored her father and grandmother. Feng Jin Yuan might be able to resist wanting that money for the sake of his face, but the matriarch definitely would not be able to resist this chance.

As expected "Then tomorrow, we will welcome the person that Prince Yu's contingent sends to carefully audit. If there really was a profit, Chen shi, I will give you ten days to bring out all of the money!"