7

What the actual fuc-

"I think she went that way guys!"

They run away and you grab the opportunity to push him off while he's momentarily distracted. Right away a sharp smack resonates the small room and Jungkook clenches his jaw as he faces the side.

What he did just now was out of line. "Im gonna pretend this never happened so do me a favor and pretend you don't know me at all."

You don't want to see him right now. You don't want to see him ever.

You walk past him, bumping his arm in the process.

"Y/n wai-"

"Get lost Jeon."

Your wipe your shoulder and shudder in pure disgust.

Without looking back, you run straight to the classroom as you ignore him calling your name.

You reach the room and throw the door open, surprising Aimen - your other best friend - who was on her way outside. Luckily she was able to escape the aftermath of a door slamming against her face.

"What's up with you? Did you get chased down by a bunch of elephants or something?" Aimen crosses her arms across her chest while raising a questioning eyebrow. "Uhm hello? Earth to Y/n? Don't ignore me when I'm talking to you."

She flickers your forehead to grab your attention and you glare at her.

"I ran three flights of stairs thank you very much."

"Hmm. Okay. But that doesn't exactly explain what's up. Did something happen?"

Hazel nods her head in agreement, her eyes squinting as she examines you. But that doesn't last long as her gaze gets drawn back to whatever was in her phone. By now both your friends have surrounded you while you're settled on your seat.

"Nothing happened."

Aimen's not buying and you wouldn't either. You're fixing your messy hair and untangling the knots in the process.

"No way." Hazel widens her eyes but she's staring at her phone. "Hey Aimen check this out."

The latter reluctantly takes her phone and gives her a puzzled look. "So it's a book about your favorite group. You expect me to read the whole thing?"

"Of course not." Hazel snatches it back. "But everything kinda makes sense now. I mean imagine experiencing all that hate at such a young age. I'd be emotionally scarred."

She swallows thickly and if you look closely, you can see her eyes glisten. "They deserve all the rewards and recognition they have now and more. I swear to god I'll never be a multi stan. I'll stick to one for the rest of my life."

So your guess about their whole conversation is that Hazel's favorite boy group released a book of their experiences and it has a been an emotional roller coaster ride for the readers.

"Can I read?" You reach your hand out but Aimen slaps it down.

"No. We're still not done. Now explain the bite on your neck."

"What?"

She snaps a picture of it and shoves it in your face. "Here." She says. "I thought you didn't want a boyfriend."

"I don't." You stare in disgust at the image. How the heck did it get so red so fast. "You guys got some concealer?"

"No an-"

The door swings open and Jungkook walks inside. And the effect on your body upon seeing the mere guy is ridiculous. You don't know your face's burning up until Aimen points it out.

"I thought you hated him."

"I do."

She sighs and squeezes your shoulder. "We'll talk about this later." As she leave, you hear her say. "Hey Zel, where's that pdf you wanted me to read again?"

Time goes by and class comes to an end. You part ways with your friends. By the time you reach home, you spot Jimin entering the house across from yours with Jungkook.

Morning's incident invades your mind and you make a look of disgust. You shake your head to forget the memory.

Mom's back from work early than usual. She's baking. You can tell by the sweet aroma in the air. "Im home."

You make a quick stop at the kitchen to see what's going on. A lot of sweets are displayed on the table and you can't help your mouth from watering.

"Hi sweetie. How was school?"

"It was fine."

Mom's in an apron with her hair tied up. The kitchen's a little bit messy but that's normal when you're baking.

"Is dad home yet?"

"Not yet. He's having dinner with an important client so it's only the two of us tonight."

You grab a cookie and take a bite. Mom looks at you with an anticipatory expression. "Well? What do you think?"

You give her a thumbs up as flavors burst all over your taste buds. "The best. You should really try running your own pastry shop mom. You'd make a profit."

"I sure would. But I'm not gonna turn a hobby I enjoy into something I know will stress me out. Speaking of which, could you pack some of the cookies in a container?"

You do as she says. When that's done, she grabs two containers and tops it above each other before placing them inside a plastic bag.

With a sweet smile, she hands it to you.

"Please be a dear and bring this over to the Jeon's place."

What?