Chapter 24: Loss

"Death is not the greatest loss in life."
                                                  -Anonymous.

"Great." Hoseok sighed out as his orange gaze moved to meet yours. "Are you strong enough to walk?" He asked softly.

You only nodded your head, standing to your feet and wiping off your clothes.

Hoseok followed suit, his tangerine gaze lingering worriedly on your body.

Your blue eyes moved up to the cell door where Yoongi stood, shame was written all over his face as he watched you approach him. You moved past Yoongi, and stepped outside the cell, only to be met with a sudden warm embrace.

Jungkooks breath was hot on your neck as he held your waist tightly, his head resting in the crook of your neck, his tears dampening the skin there.

Your blue eyes widened at the sudden gesture of affection, but you soon found yourself slowly wrapping your arms around his torso, allowing a few tears to escape your blue eyes.

"I'm so glad your okay."

He whispered his words softly into your (h/c) hair, his hold lessening until he had released you completely.

You tried your best to smile at him, but you lacked the energy to make it look genuine.
You were exhausted both physically and emotionally, but who could blame you? You've been starved, betrayed, and almost killed all in one day.

"Here's the plan." Yoongi suddenly spoke from behind you. "This tunnel will take us directly outside the city gates, if we can make it there without being caught then we can escape with our lives."

"What then?" Namjoon asked quietly. "It's another two days ride to the dark forest. We don't have horses, water or food and there isn't any civilization for a good five day walk. We would starve to death."

"If we don't freeze first." Jimin added quietly as he sent a glare to Yoongi.

Taehyung ran a hand through his blond locks.

"Then what are we to do? If we stay here, we die, if we try to leave we die." Namjoon pauses for a moment, his next words quiet. "Is there any chance of us surviving this?"

Yoongi sighed.

"There is one way, but it's too risky." He stated. "We would probably die before we even got outside the city."

"Well, what is it?" Jin chimed.

Yoongi shook his head, moving his hand to rest on his forehead.

"This tunnel doesn't only lead to the outside of the city, theres a passage that leads directly to the stables." He paused. "If we could get to the stables, we could get horses and stock up on supplies."

"I am failing to see the downside Taehyung stated.

"The downside is that the stables are directly next to the armory. Most of my fathers men are posted there. There is no way all eight of us could make it out of this city that way. Going there would be suicide."

"Then we split up." You spoke suddenly. Everyone's eyes shot to your form. Shock written over everyone's features. "We send four people to the stables and four outside the wall."

Yoongi frowned at your words.

"I've told you, it's too dangero-"

"You've told me a lot of things Yoongi." You snapped. "And so far none of them have been true."

Yoongi's eyes widened at your harsh words, his heart wrenching at your cruel tone. His gaze never once leaving your stone cold expression as you glared at him.